Best Practices in Teaching Online Course (BPTO)
After completing the Best Practices in Teaching Online course, you will be able to...
- Compare and contrast online instruction with classroom instruction.
- Consider a learner-centered approach to teaching online.
- Describe how distance in space and time impacts communications and learning.
- Explore effective online communication tools and strategies that encourage and develop student collaboration and an online learning community.
- Write a course goal and objectives consistent with both curricular goals and the nature of teaching online.
- Appropriately select online course activities, assignments, and assessment measures based on the course goal and objectives.
- Discuss issues, define barriers to success, and explore best practices in managing the "virtual classroom."
- Define copyright and intellectual property issues as they apply to developing online course materials.
- Effectively edit and maintain an online learning module.
- Baseline Online Course Standards for WIU.