Welcome to the Western Online: Introduction to Desire2Learn (D2L) online tutorial brought to you by the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Research. This tutorial contains information on how to get started with the Western Online system.
After completing this tutorial you will be able to:
- Discuss the structure of the Western Online system and how it integrates with other systems on campus
- Navigate the system home page
- Activate a course
- Change the start and end dates for a course
This tutorial uses text poppers. Text poppers are words or images that you can hover over to get more information. Hover over the words Text Popper below to see an example.
This tutorial also uses videos to help demonstrate the actions being taught. Whenever you see the following video clip icon on the lower left of the page, click on it to view the video.
You must have Quicktime installed on your computer in order to view the videos. You can download Quicktime here.
- Page 1:
- Page 2:
- What is Western Online
- Page 3:
- View the Classlist
- Page 4:
- Where is Western Online
- Page 5:
- Navigating the System Home Page
- Page 6:
- Activating a Course
- Changing the Start and End Date
- Page 7:
- Self Check
- Page 8: