Providers must enroll and be approved in the Illinois Medicaid Program Advanced Cloud Technology (IMPACT) before an Early Intervention Credential can be issued. The Bureau of Early Intervention has issued guidelines for IMPACT enrollment.
All Early Intervention Providers MUST associate to the EI Billing Provider 7094782 and the EI MCO 3000005. This is the Early Intervention Mangaged Care Organization. IMPACT lists it as optional, but it is not optional for Early Intervention Providers.
Early Intervention Credential
Please complete the applications below and follow the corresponding process. Allow 6-8 weeks for processing in order for the stated CANTS and criminal background checks to be completed and received.
*Writable but needs to be printed and sent to Provider Connections.
TO LEARN IF YOU ARE ENROLLED TO BILL FOR SERVICES, CALL THE CENTRAL BILLING OFFICE AT (800) 634-8540.
The Department of Human Services, Bureau of Early Intervention requires background checks for all providers applying for or renewing an EI credential. No Provider shall be credentialed to provide early intervention services without the clearance results from all checks being documented by Provider Connections.
All new EI credential applicants are required to document:
- Specific educational/licensure requirements
- Completion of EI System Overview Training. System Overview training is now available online and consists of an online component and 1 day face-to-face follow-up training. Provider Connections will process credential applications only if all educational/licensure requirements and a minimum of the online portion of EI System Overview training are documented as complete.
- Service Coordinators and Parent Liaisons will be allowed 3 months from the date their temporary credentials are issued to verify completion of System Overview training and their respective training requirements.
- Click here to register for the Online System Overview Training.
- Agreement to participate in Ongoing Professional Development Meetings.