TIPS/Tools For Navigating the Credentialing Process
- All EI Credential applications and CBO Enrollment applications are located
on the Provider Connections website and are writeable pdf documents.
- Become familiar with all credential requirements before submitting an
application. The online EI Systems Overview Training certificate of
completion is required, in addition to the minimum educational/licensure
requirements, to process a credential application. The screen printout is
not acceptable because it does not specify the individual’s name that has
completed the training.
- When using approved college/university coursework for credentialing EI
credit, official college/university transcripts are required. Copies are not
acceptable. Please include them in your credential application materials.
- Written instructions and video podcasts are available to assist in the
completion of the credential and CBO enrollment applications.
- Applications can only be put into the process for credentialing if all
documentation is complete when submitted. If applications are
incomplete, they will be denied and a letter will be sent indicating any
- Original signatures are required on CBO Enrollment Application
documents. Photocopies/Faxes are not accepted.
- Please do not get a fingerprint background check before receiving a reply
from Provider Connections with the necessary form to complete the
fingerprint background check.
- The Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System (CANTS) check is initiated
by Provider Connections upon receipt of a complete credential
application/renewal application. The Illinois Department of Children and
Family Services completes this process. Results may take 6-8 weeks to
complete. A credential can not be issued/reissued until all checks are complete.
- When in doubt, call Provider Connections at 800-701-0995 for clarification.