Tips/Tools For Navigating the Credentialing Process
- All EI Credential applications and CBO Enrollment applications are located on the Provider Connections website and are writeable pdf documents.
- Become familiar with all credential requirements before submitting an application. The Online EI Systems Overview Training certificate of completion is required, in addition to the minimum educational/licensure requirements, to process a credential application. The screen printout is not acceptable because it does not specify the individual’s name that has completed the training.
- Official college/university transcripts are required when using approved college/university coursework for credentialing EI credit. Copies are not acceptable. Please include them in your credential application materials.
- Written instructions and video podcasts are available to assist in the completion of the credential and CBO enrollment applications.
- Applications can only be put into the process for credentialing if all documentation is complete when submitted. If applications are incomplete, they will be denied and a letter will be sent indicating any deficiencies.
- Please do not get a fingerprint background check before receiving a reply from Provider Connections with the necessary form to complete the fingerprint background check.
- The Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System (CANTS) check is initiated by Provider Connections upon receipt of a complete credential application/renewal application. The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services completes this process. Results may take 8-12 weeks to complete. A credential can not be issued/reissued until all checks are complete.
- Call Provider Connections at 800-701-0995 for clarification or if you have questions.
Center for Best Practices in Early Childhood Education
Western Illinois University
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455