Some of our recent activities include:
- Annual meetings with President Goldfarb and Provost Thomas.
- A fall reception welcoming new members of the campus community.
- Sponsorship of Fifty-One Percent; a public affairs radio program on women´s issues (donations totaling $500 yearly).
- "WOW Presents:" a series of talks by WIU women about their ongoing research.
- The Feminist Reading Group.
- Promotion of family-friendly policies at WIU, including expansion of daycare, lactation facilities, and eldercare benefits.
- A spring luncheon and achievement awards.
Some of WOW's Successes
- Getting a dedicated Women's Studies program Degree Program
- Documenting the need, advocating for, and raising the funds to establish a Women's Center
- A Landmark study on salary equity
- WIU's Parental Leave benefits
- Dedicated Lactation Rooms on campus