Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Western Organization for Women
Some of our recent activities include:
- Annual meetings with President Thomas.
- A fall reception welcoming new members of the campus community.
- Sponsorship of Fifty-One Percent; a public affairs radio program on women´s issues (donations totaling $500 yearly).
- "WOW Presents:" a series of talks by WIU women about their ongoing research.
- The Feminist Reading Group.
- Promotion of family-friendly policies at WIU, including:
- expansion of daycare
- lactation facilities
- eldercare benefits
- maternity/paternity leave
- A spring luncheon and achievement awards.
Some of WOW's Successes
Though these issues continue to require our attention, support, and advocacy, some of the ways WOW has made WIU a better place for all include:
- Getting a dedicated Women's Studies program Degree Program
- Documenting the need, advocating for, and raising the funds to establish a Women's Center
- Establishing more equity on spending for the women's sports teams
- Getting women's personal product bins in women's bathrooms
- Advocating for more representation in administrative decision-making positions on campus
- A Landmark study on salary equity
- WIU's Parental Leave benefits
- Dedicated Lactation Rooms on campus