Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Want to know how many students attend WIU? What's a typical class size, and how many classes are taught by full-time faculty rather than graduate students? Find the answer to these questions--and much more--below. The numbers below represent total figures for both our WIU-Macomb and WIU-Quad Cities campuses. For more fast facts and a breakdown of figures for both campuses, view a downloadable brochure (PDF) here.
Top Five Majors (Undergraduate)
Top Five Majors (Graduate)
- Educational Leadership
- Business Administration
- Instructional Design & Technology
- Elementary Education
Western Illinois Athletics
- School Colors: Purple and Gold
- Mascot: Rocky and Col. Rock III
- Nickname: Leathernecks
- Intercollegiate athletics fields 10 men’s teams and 10 women’s teams.
- Football competes in the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) through the Missouri Valley Football Conference.
- All other Leathernecks sports compete at the NCAA Division I level as members of the The Summit League.
- Any prospective student or current student interested in participating in any NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics sport should contact Tommy Bell, Director of Athletics (T-Vanalstine@wiu.edu)/(309) 298-1190 or Matt Tanney, Associate Director of Athletics (M-Tanney@wiu.edu)/(309) 298-2611.
Total Enrollment: 11,707
- Total Undergraduate Students: 9,873
- Total Graduate Students: 1,834
- WIU-Macomb Campus: 9,464
- Macomb Undergraduates: 8,473
- Macomb Graduates: 991
WIU-Quad Cities Campus: 1,237
- WIU-QC Undergraduates: 778
- WIU-QC Graduates: 459
- Extension: 1,006
Minority Population: 2,960 (26.3%)
- African American: 1,751 (15.6%)
- Asian: 118 (1.0%)
- Hispanic: 842 (7.5%)
- American Indian: 23 (0.2%)
- Pacific Islander: 9 (0.1%)
- Two or more ethnicities: 217 (1.9%)
Macomb Campus Facts
- Illinois: 9,089 (89.1%)
- Iowa: 346 (3.4%)
- Out-of-state (excludes Iowa): 349 (3.4%)
- International: 368 (3.6%)
Mean ACT, Fall 2012 Freshmen: 21.1
Mean GPA (Undergraduate): 3.11
These numbers are current as of November 2013. Unless indicated, the figures represent totals for Macomb and Quad Cities campuses.