Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Management (SCM) involves managing the internal and external components of a supply system including purchasing parts and supplies, arranging transportation, and managing inventory levels.
Professionals work with marketing, operations, accounting, and finance to ensure that products/services are available to the company and the consumer when needed while also controlling costs.
Employment opportunities are particularly attractive with graduates commanding above-average salaries in many fields.
- Transportation management
- Inventory management
- Warehouse management
Why Study Supply Chain Management at WIU?
- One of three programs of its kind in the state.
- One of only 39 programs nationally which is accredited by the world's premier business accrediting body--AACSB International.
- Graduates are specifically requested by John Deere, Caterpillar, and 16 other companies.
- Students participate in annual Supply Chain Management Day with employers.
At a Glance
- Degrees Available: Bachelor of Business, Integrated Master of Business Administration
- Minor: Yes
- Graduate Degree: No
- Campus: Macomb & Quad Cities
- Study Opportunities: GradTrac, Honors, Graduate Studies
Management & Marketing
Stipes Hall 414
1 University Drive
Macomb, IL 61455-1390
Phone: (309) 298-1535
Fax: (309) 298-1019