"Best Midwestern College" & "Top Tier Midwestern University" Among WIU Honors
For 10 consecutive years, U.S. News and World Report has named Western Illinois University a "Best Midwestern University" and The Princeton Review has named WIU a "Best Midwestern College." This year, Western moved nine spots to 39th out of 109 public and private schools on the U.S.News and World Report's top tier list of "Best Regional Universities." The University has consistently advanced in these rankings over the last four years.
In the U.S.News and World Report 2015 rankings, Western is listed 39th of 109 public and private schools on the top tier list of "Best Regional Universities." Western is one of four Illinois public universities appearing in the top 50. Of the 39 Midwestern public universities included, Western also moved to the number 10 spot recognized as a "Best Midwestern University."
Western is one of 159 regional universities, and one of three Illinois public institutions, named to the "Best in the Midwest" list by The Princeton Review. The colleges and universities included in the "Best in the Midwest" list are located in 12 states: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Collectively, the 648 colleges named "regional best(s)" comprise 25 percent of the nation's 2,500 four-year colleges, according to The Princeton Review.
You get this quality education at a four-year lock-in rate for tuition, fees, room and board. Guaranteed.
Did You Know?
- For the third consecutive year, WIU's distance learning program has been recognized as a best online education program. Western is ranked 61st out of 210 colleges from across the U.S. in the bachelor's degree category and is one of three Illinois public universities in the top 100. - U.S.News Best Online Education Program Rankings.
- WIU has earned a spot among 38 other Illinois colleges and universities ranked for providing the greatest lifetime return on investment. Western is ranked number 29 out of the top 39 schools profiled. Graduates from these schools enjoy the largest earnings gap between non-degree holders over 30 years, and earn more on average than graduates from other Illinois schools - AffordableCollegesOnline.
- Western has also been recognized by AffordableCollegesOnline (AC Online) among 48 other Illinois colleges and universities -- and is one of four Illinois public universities in the top five -- for providing the most affordable online degree programs.
- For the sixth consecutive year, WIU has been named a "Military Friendly School." The list honors the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America's military service members, veterans and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus - "2015 G.I. Jobs Guide to Military Friendly Schools," Victory Media.
For the fifth consecutive year, WIU has been selected as a "Best for Vets College" by Military Times EDGE magazine. Western, ranked 18th, is the only Illinois public university in the Top 20.
- Western Illinois University has been selected by Military Times as a "Best for Vets Business School." WIU's Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is ranked 36 out of the top 64, and Western is the one of only two Illinois public institutions appearing in the Top 50.
- For the fifth consecutive year, Western Illinois has been designated as a "Military Friendly School" by GI Jobs Magazine.
- Western Illinois University has been designated a "Top Military-Friendly University" in the Military Advanced Education (MAE) "2014 Guide to Military-Friendly Colleges & Universities."
- Visit our Veterans Resource Center for more details.