Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
"Best Midwestern College" & "Top Tier Midwestern University" Among WIU Honors
For the ninth year in a row, The Princeton Review has named Western Illinois University a "Best Midwestern College."
Western was one of 155 regional universities, and one of three Illinois public institutions, named a "Best Midwestern College" by The Princeton Review. The 155 colleges that The Princeton Review chose for its "Best in the Midwest" list are located in 12 states: Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Collectively, the 643 colleges named "regional best(s)" comprise 25 percent of the nation's 2,500 four-year colleges, according to The Princeton Review.
As part of the "2014 Best Colleges: Region by Region" project, The Princeton Review asks students to rate their own schools on several issues, from the accessibility of their professors to quality of the campus food, and to answer questions about themselves, their fellow students and their campus life. WIU students reported high marks for affordability and academic programs, as well as professors who are accessible.
You get this quality education at a four-year lock-in rate for tuition, fees, room and board. Guaranteed.
You can’t get this at any other state school.
Did You Know?
- WIU is among the top tier of best regional universities, listed 48th of 110 public and private schools on the top tier list of "Best Regional Universities. - U.S. News and World Report's Annual College Rankings 2014 edition.
- WIU is one of 39 public universities included among the 110 Midwestern college and universities recognized as top tier "Best Regional Universities" - U.S.News and World Report.
- For the third consecutive year, WIU's distance learning program has been recognized as a best online education program. Western is ranked 61st out of 210 colleges from across the U.S. in the bachelor's degree category and is one of three Illinois public universities in the top 100. - U.S.News Best Online Education Program Rankings.
- WIU has earned a spot among 38 other Illinois colleges and universities ranked for providing the greatest lifetime return on investment. Western is ranked number 29 out of the top 39 schools profiled. Graduates from these schools enjoy the largest earnings gap between non-degree holders over 30 years, and earn more on average than graduates from other Illinois schools - AffordableCollegesOnline.
- Western has also been recognized by AffordableCollegesOnline (AC Online) among 48 other Illinois colleges and universities -- and is one of four Illinois public universities in the top five -- for providing the most affordable online degree programs.
- Western is among 682 master's granting institutions ranked for their contribution to the public good in three broad categories: social mobility (recruiting and graduating low-income students), research (producing cutting-edge scholarship and PhDs), and service (encouraging students to give something back to their country). Western, ranked at number 273, was among four Illinois public universities in the top 275 - 2013 Washington Monthly College Guide.
- For the fifth consecutive year, WIU has been named a "Military Friendly School." The list honors the top 20 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America's military service members, veterans and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus - "2014 G.I. Jobs Guide to Military Friendly Schools," Victory Media.
For the fourth consecutive year, WIU has been selected as a "Best for Vets College" by Military Times EDGE magazine. Western, ranked 37th, is one of two Illinois four-year universities in the top 50.
- Western Illinois University has been selected by Military Times as a "Best for Vets Business School." WIU's Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is ranked 36 out of the top 64, and Western is the one of only two Illinois public institutions appearing in the Top 50.
- For the fifth consecutive year, Western Illinois has been designated as a "Military Friendly School" by GI Jobs Magazine.
- Western Illinois University has been designated a "Top Military-Friendly University" in the Military Advanced Education (MAE) "2014 Guide to Military-Friendly Colleges & Universities."
- Visit our Veterans Resource Center for more details.