Approved: November 16, 2001
Section I: Board Procedures
Subsection: C. Delegation of Authority
C. Delegation of Authority
- The authority delegated by the Board Regulations to the
may be further delegated by the President in writing to
and responsible officers/officials of the University.
- The authority delegated by the Board Regulations through
to the officers / officials of the University may be further
by the officers in writing to appropriate and responsible
of the University.
- The officers of the University shall identify by position
authorized to act in their place in the event of absence from
of more than a week or other unavailability. The officers
the President in writing of such delegation of authority by
- In order to promote shared participation in responsible and
decision-making and to ensure channels of communication, the
shall provide for elected campus organizations, the structures
shall be determined by the constituencies they represent and
by the President. Except as limited by the scope of collective
negotiations between the Board and the academic employees and
of good faith collective bargaining, the appropriate and duly
committees of faculty government shall participate in the
process of the University in the following areas:
- University curriculum.
- Basic policies with regard to campus planning
and facilities construction and utilization.
- Creation of administrative positions at the
level of Dean and Vice President and the selection of
officers for such positions as well as of the President of
- Academic planning and the determination of priorities
for the conduct and development of the University.
- The faculty, staff, and students shall develop constitutions
own duly established government organizations. Such
be reviewed and approved by the President, or the President's