Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Campus Connection Submissions for April 20, 2012
- Karen Mauldin-Curtis, IIRA— $250 from various sources for "Peace Corps Community Contributions." Ongoing
- Lori Sutton, IIRA— $4,241 from various sources for "Continuum of Care Support." Ongoing
- William Anderson and Emmanuel Balogun, political science, presented "Change and Continuity: The Shaping of President Obama's African Policy" at the 70th annual conference of the Midwest Political Science Association, held April 12-15, 2012, in Chicago.
- Vin Auger, political science, presented "The Selective Implementation of International Norms: The 'Responsibility to Protect'" at the 70th annual conference of the Midwest Political Science Association, held April 12-15, 2012, in Chicago. Auger also served as discussant for the panel on United Nations Security Council Action.
- Kathy Barclay presented What Your Core Reading Program Can and Cannot Do for You at the Massachusetts Association conference on April 12 in Sturbridge, Massachusetts.
- Stinnett, M., & Keenan, M. (2012). “Literacy coaches in the Middle School: Using the Literacy Coach Cycle for Success” NewFoundations.com/reading.pdf, pgs. 76-85.
- Thomas Van Heuklon (geography) published "Kindergartners on the IC Learning about trains in 1962" in The Mid-American Issue No. 13 published Quarterly by the Illinois Central Railroad Heritage Association. Article highlights an activity of WIU alumnus Lois Woods Jabour.
- MaCherie Placide, political science, presented "Broadband Assets: Budgetary Impact of Wi-Fi on Local Governnment -- A Governance Case Study" at the 70th annual conference of the Midwest Political Science Association, held April 12-15, 2012, in Chicago. Placide also served as discussant for the panel on The Success and Failure of Public Leadership.
- Thomas Williams presented the paper "Meteorological Conditions Favorable for the Development of the St. Louis Airport Tornado of 22 April 2011" at the 16th annual Severe Storms and Doppler Radar conference hosted by the Central Iowa National Weather Association in Des Moines, Iowa on Friday, 30 March 2012.
- Rubio, Alonso O., Library Specialist, Libraries, 4/1/12. Campus Address: Malpass Library, Phone: 298-2705.
- Statler, Leah K., Clerk, UHDS Administrative, 5/14/12. Campus Address: Higgins Hall, Phone: 298-3095.
- Welch, Rebecca L., Police Telecommunicator, Public Safety, 4/3/12. Campus Address: Mowbray Hall, Phone: 298-1949.
- Hainline, Kevin E., Assistant Golf Course Grounds Superintendent, Golf Course Operations, promoted to Golf Course Grounds Superintendent, Golf Course Operations, 4/1/12.
- Pratt, Zachary D., Systems Programmer III, University Technology, 3/30/12.
- Owens, John C., Golf Course Grounds Superintendent, Golf Course Operations, 3/31/12.