Campus Connection Submissions for December 7, 2012
- Karen Mauldin-Curtis, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs, (IIRA)—$129,999 from the Illinois Department of Human Services, (IDHS), for "AmeriCorps Project YR 10." FY13
- Mark Bernards, Agriculture— $57,000 from University of Illinois (U of I) for "Soybean Weed Management - 2012." FY12-13
- Kathy Barclay, Curriculum & Instruction, presented "Paying Attention to Children's Language" on Nov. 9 at the annual conference of the National Association for the Education of Young Children held in Atlanta. She is also conducting a series of statewide webinars sponsored by the Illinois Resource Center/Illinois State Department of Education, Encouraging Children to Talk (Nov. 15 & 29, March 5 & 12) and Helping Children Develop Reasoning Skills (Jan. 10 & 24).
- Keith Holz, Associate Professor, Department of Art, published "'Brushwork thick and easy' or a 'beauty-parlor mask for murder?': reckoning with the Great German Art Exhibitions from the Western democracies," in RIHA Journal, Nr. 55 (Sept. 2012). RIHA Journal is the journal of the International Association of Research Institutes in the History of Art, and includes the Getty Research Institute, the Center for Advanced Study in the History of Art—National Gallery, Zentralinstitut für Kunstgeschichte, Clark Art Institute, et. al.
- Nicholas Pano, History emeritus, presented "Fan Noli, the Albanian-American Community, and Albania" at the International Conference, "100 Years of Albanian Independence," sponsored by the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Albania on Nov. 26-27 in Tirana, Albania.
- Friday, Martin B., Automotive Technician Assistant, Transportation Services, 12/4/12.
- Hughes, Christine M., Parking Service Assistant, Public Safety, 11/21/12.
- Louden, Angie N., Office Support Specialist, Educational Leadership, 11/5/12.
- Moon, Kevin T., Office Support Specialist, Institute for Rural Affairs, 10/29/12.
- Phillips, Judith K., Chief Clerk, Chemistry, 11/12/12.
- Waller, Lorin K., Inventory Specialist, Accounting, 11/19/12.
- Wayland, Melissa J., Office Support Specialist, Mathematics, 12/3/12.
- Brown, Susan O., Financial Aid Adviser, Financial Aid promoted to Financial Aid Adviser Coordinator, Financial Aid, 11/16/12.
- Hughes, Gary A., Stationary Engineer, Building Mechanical Maintenance promoted to Lead Plant Stationary Engineer, Building Mechanical Maintenance, 10/29/12.
- Royer, Marie E., Chief Clerk, Curriculum & Instruction transferred to Chief Clerk, Advising & Academic Services Center, 11/12/12.
- Rutledge, Lisa A., Office Support Associate, English & Journalism (50%) and Office Support Assistant, Infant and Preschool Center (50%) promoted to Office Support Specialist, Foreign Languages and Literatures, 11/26/12.
- Schoonover, Julie A., Office Support Associate, Center for Preparation of Education Professionals promoted to Office Support Specialist, Graduate Studies, 11/12/12.
- VanBebber, Dana L., Office Support Specialist, Curriculum & Instruction transferred to Office Support Specialist, Institute for Rural Affairs, 11/5/12.
- Welsh, Susan, Office Support Associate, Athletics transferred to Office Support Associate, Recreation, Park & Tourism Administration, 11/19/12.
- Williams, Heather N., Office Support Associate, Registrar, 11/7/12. Former Name: Heather Ussery.
- Rough, Suzanne E., Office Support Assistant, WIU Quad Cities, 11/21/12.
- Cale, Joyce J., Painter, Building Maintenance, 10/31/12.
- Civil Service Employee of the Month - Bobbi Smith, Financial Aid;
- Graduate Assistant of the Month - Beth Golitko, Athletics;
- Student Employee of the Month - Natalie Nocek, Big Pink Volleyball.
Act of Kindness Award Recipients:
- Ted Anderson
- Brad Bainter
- John (JB) Biernbaum
- John Cooper
- Joyce Crouse
- Michael Cumbie
- Mary Day
- Larry Dean
- Julie DeWees
- John Drew
- Holly Fecht
- Adam Frankhauser
- Judi Hardin
- Kelsey Homewood
- Michael Jones
- Pete Jorgensen
- Kathy Meyers
- Digger Oster
- Danette Phelps
- Larry Pickett
- Cindy Piletic
- Molly Rohall
- Darcie Shinberger
- Amy Spelman
- Michael Thompson
- Sharon Thompson
- Sue Thorman
- Christie Weishaar
- Lindsey White