Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Campus Connection Submissions for September 28, 2012
Eligibility: Full- or part-time faculty members or academic support personnel responsible for the academic advising of undergraduate students and assigned a caseload of academic advisees.
Deadline for Nominations: 4 p.m. - Last Tuesday of each month (September 25th, October 30th, November 27th, February 26th, March 26th and April 30th).
Criteria: Nominations will be accepted from students, peers, supervisors, or through self-nomination.
The nominating letter should document excellence for the current month being nominated, which may include, but is not exclusive to, any of the following categories:
1. Service to students as an advisor.
2. A specific instance where an advisor went "above and beyond" for an advisee.
3. Knowledge of advising principles and University rules and regulations.
4. A specific instance where an advisor used a "best practice" in dealing with a student.
Procedure: Nominations should be submitted to Lisa Melz-Jennings via email at LA-Melz@wiu.edu. Each nomination letter should describe the nominator's perception of the advisor's effectiveness and evidence of the above criteria. Letters of support from students and others on campus are encouraged.
- Justin Ehrlich, Computer Science—$55,510 from the University of Kansas for "Animated Visual Supports for Social Skills Phase II." FY13
- Gisele Hamm, IIRA— $5,000 from Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) for "Community Outreach Support ." FY12
- Ed Heflin, IIRA— $1,610,527 from Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) for "Rural Transit Assistance Center FY13-15." FY13-14
- Karen Mauldin-Curtis, IIRA— $3,772 from the City of Macomb for "Peace Corps Community Contributions (supplement)." on-going.
- Karen Mauldin-Curtis, IIRA— $3,772 from various sources for "Peace Corps Community Contributions (supplement) ." on-going.
- Deborah Miretzky, EIS— $1,000 from Bringing Theory to Practice (BTtoP) for "Bringing Theory to Practice Grant." FY13
- Kimberlee Wisslead, CAIT— $14,719 from District of Columbia Child and Family Services Agency (DCCFSA) for "Online Training Upgrade - Mandated Reporter." FY9-12
- Dr. Virginia R. Boynton, Professor of History, presented her research paper on "Louise deKoven Bowen: Shaping the War Effort in the Midwest, 1917-1919" at the 34th Annual Mid-America Conference on History, hosted by Missouri State University, on Sept. 20 in Springfield, Missouri.
- Keith Holz, Associate Professor, Art History, Department of Art, presented a paper in the international conference "The Post War Moment: Historical Futures in Visual Culture,"June 15 at the John-F.-Kennedy Institute of the Free University of Berlin, Germany. His talk was entitled: "Postwar reckonings with Nazi Art in the writings of Lincoln Kirstein, Hellmut Lehmann-Haupt, and Hildegard Brenner." The conference is a collaboration between the Terra Foundation for American Art and the John-F.-Kennedy Institute Alumni Association.
- Rachel Smith, Recreation, Park and Tourism Administration, and Tara Buchannan, Disability Resource Center, "Community collaboration: use of universal design in the classroom." Journal of Postsecondary Education and Disability, 25 (3), 257-263.
- Ahmed, Hani M., Procedures and Systems Analyst II, Financial Aid, 8/20/12.
- Barnett, Alisha A., Editorial Writer, University Relations, 9/4/12.
- Henley, Elizabeth M., Police Officer, Public Safety, 9/12/12.
- Kenney, John A., Office Support Associate, Registrar, 9/20/12.
- Quinn, Amanda L., Office Support Associate, Computer Sciences, 9/4/12.
- Pratt, Charla K., Financial Aid Adviser II, WIU QC Student Services, 9/24/12.
- Roush, Suzanne E., Office Support Assistant, WIU AC Administration, 9/5/12.
- Thorman, Timothy N., Route Driver, Mail Services, 9/19/12.
- Ward, Lynne, Staff Clerk, English & Journalism, 9/4/12.
- Weaver, John D., Stationary Fireman Helper, Heating Plant, 9/24/12.
- Barnes, Denis L., Inventory Specialist, Accounting promoted to Inventory Record Control Supervisor, Accounting, 9/10/12.
- Chambers, Nathan L., Maintenance Worker, Building Maintenance transferred to Stationary Fireman Helper, Heating Plant, 9/10/12.
- Downin, William C., Maintenance Worker, Building Maintenance promoted to Assistant Superintendent of Building Maintenance, Building Mechanical Maintenance, 9/17/12.
- Ford, Julie A., Office Support Associate, Management & Marketing, promoted to Office Support Specialist, Recreation, Park & Tourism Administration, 9/24/12.
- Georges, M. Rene, Accountant I, Physical Plant reassigned to Accountant I, Budget Office, 9/4/12.
- Schulz, Amanda S., Office Manager, Kinesiology promoted to Administrative Assistant I, Graduate Studies, 9/4/12.
- Toland, Marlene, Office Manager, Broadcasting transferred to Office Manager, History, 8/27/12.
- Waller, Teresa K., Image Processing Technician III, Admissions promoted to Admissions/Records Officer, Graduate Studies, 10/1/12.
- Woolam, Barbara A., Office Support Specialist, Educational Leadership promoted to Office Manager, Broadcasting, 9/17/12.
- Collins, Deborah T., Medical Assistant, Beu Health Center, 8/23/12. Former Name: Deborah Protsman.
- Coker, Scott A., Assistant Director of Physical Plant, Physical Plant, 9/30/12. Accepted an A&P position on campus.
- Dawson, Katerina L., Office Support Associate, Admissions, 9/16/12. Accepted an A&P position on campus.
- Lenz, James F., Broadcast News Specialist, Educational/Public Service Radio, 9/14/12.
- Ruppert, Jessica A., Office Support Associate, Registrar, 8/31/12.
- Shryack, Leann R., Office Support Associate, Recreation, Park & Tourism Administration, 9/30/12. Accepted an A&P position on campus.
- Taylor, Tiffany A., Chief Clerk, Mathematics, 8/23/12.