Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Campus Connection Submissions for September 13, 2013
Marcus Buker, Geography—$52,705 from the National Science Foundation for the project entitled "Collaborative Research: An Investigation of Dynamical Processes Driving the Genesis and Maintenance of Tornadic Vortices - Year 3. " (FY12-14 total, $179,226)
Jane Carlson, WIUM—$36,968 from the Illinois State Library for "Radio Information Services." FY14
Ray Diez, Engineering Technology—$20,992 from Western Area Career Services (WACS) for "WACS Building Trades." FY14
Gisele Hamm, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA)—$800 from various sources for "MAPPING Community Support (continuous)." On-going
Joyce Johanson, Center for Best Practices in Early Childhood Education (CBPECE)—$411,935 from the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) for "Provider Connections: Credentialing and Enrollment." FY14
Karen Mauldin-Curtis, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA)—$130,000 from the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) for "AmeriCorps Project YR 11, 2013-2014." FY14
Karen Mauldin-Curtis, Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs (IIRA)— $3,772, $7,544 and $3,772 from various sources for the project entitled "PCF Community Contributions (continuous)." On-going
Mary Mhango, Dietetics, Fashion Merchandising and Hospitality (DFMH)—$42,571 from the Western Area Career Services (WACS) for "WACS Food Service." FY14
Susan Nichols, Illinois Law Enforcement Executive Institute (ILEEI)—$105,254 from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board (ILETSB) for "ILEEI–Administrative." FY14
Susan Nichols, Illinois Law Enforcement Executive Institute (ILEEI)—$144,746 from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board (ILETSB) for "ILEEI – Programming." FY14
Linda Robinson, Center for Best Practices in Early Childhood Education (CBPECE)—$978,500 from the Illinois State Board of Education for "Illinois STARNET Northwest Region I and Central Region III." FY14
Kimberly Sikes, Center for the Application of Information Technology (CAIT)—$47,550 from the Office of the Illinois Attorney General for "Illinois Attorney General - Web Support." FY14
T.K. Vinod, Rose McConnell, Jin Jin, Brian Bellott and Shaozhong Zhang, Chemistry—$249,985 from the National Science Foundation (NSF) for "Acquisition of a 400-MHz NMR Spectrometer to Support Faculty-Student Research and Training at WIU and Partner Institutions." FY14-FY16
Keith Holz, art department, lectured at a community arts center in Vienna's 17th district—Kunstraum Ewigkeitsgasse (Art-Space Eternity-Alley)—founded in honor of Frederic Morton (a Jewish-Viennese author who fled Austria in 1938 for New York City). Holz presented new research on Oskar Kokoschka's reunion with Vienna publisher Robert Freund in New York after the war in 1946 and 1949. (June 9, 2013)
Keith Holz, art department, presented a new research paper at the Institute for the History of Art, Prague. The paper "Kokoschka Public and Private in Czechoslovakia: new evidence, new insights" was presented in the institute's Collegium Historiae Artium lecture series. (June 12, 2013)
Keith Holz, art department, organized and chaired a panel for Columbia University's Council for European Studies (CES), 20th International Conference of Europeanists in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. His panel, "Place, Nation and Politics in Oskar Kokoschka's Art, Writings and Career, 1934-1953," brought together new research on Kokoschka during the 1930s to 1950s by Europe's leading art historians at work on aspects of this artist's career and art. At the same conference, Holz also served as a respondent to papers in a panel on Creative Cultures in Contemporary Europe. (June 25-28)
- Carson, April S., child development associate, Infant & Preschool Center, 8/9/13.
- Colston, Brian J., pipefitter, Building Mechanical Maintenance, 7/22/13.
- Daugherty, Denise L., clerk, UHDS, 7/31/13.
- Hall, Alex S., financial aid adviser, WIU QC Student Services, 8/19/13.
- Mahr, Jeffrey T., plumber, Building Mechanical Maintenance promoted to plumber sub-foreman, Building Mechanical Maintenance, 7/9/13.
- Van Vleet, Carrie A., office support specialist, Management & Marketing promoted to assistant director of Alumni Relations, Alumni, 8/26/13.
- Gronewold, Brooke E., accountant II, Financial Aid, 8/14/13. Former Name: Brooke Schaer.
- Moon, Kevin T., office support specialist, Institute for Rural Affairs, 7/15/13.
- Pettigrew, Valencia R., office support associate, Provost & Academic Vice President, 8/13/13.
- Rainey, Edwin D., building service worker, Building Services, 8/30/13.
- Denton, Richard W., steam and power plant III, Building Mechanical Maintenance, 8/31/13.
- Feikert, Harold F., building service worker, Building Services, 8/31/13.