Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
English and Journalism
August 30, 2012
Attendees: Layton Schroeder, John DeGregorio, Nicole Hagstrom Schmidt, Jess Mason
McFadden, Beth Clothier, Jacob Runge, Jessica Scadden, Dr. Morrow
- Where will the speech take place?
Someone needs to contact Morgan to discover what sound equipment is
available and the process of reserving the space.
- How will we publicize the event and with whom?
- Departments to contact in order to encourage participation:
- Who will introduce Dr. Peebles? A Graduate Student? Or perhaps faculty? (Will tackle this later)
- September 21, 2012 is the new deadline to submit form to UTC.
- Will we provide refreshments and/or a lunch?
- Coffee throughout the day is an absolute must
- Charge registration…Students: $20 Faculty: $30 (this will allow us to provide lunch)
- Someone may need to contact Patti in regards to treasury status—John or Layton
- Hold panels in Simpkins.
- Rooms 20, 27, and 14 are all electronic classrooms that are handicap accessible.
- Dr. Morrow will reserve the rooms for November 10th.
- Who will be in charge of reading abstracts? Forming panels?
- Volunteers: Jess, Jess, Layton, and Beth.
- John will repost CFP on upenn.
- How will we publicize the conference? Should we try to attract other departments? Students need to start talking to faculty about forming panels.
- LASGO’s participation is still in the air.
- Paper Goods: Programs, Packets, and Name Tags
- We have name tags left over from last year.
- First Fridays has become a possibility again
- Game Night—have to determine where and when this will occur
- Beth will inquire about the club house located in her subdivision
- The Hermeneutic Circle
- Discuss online
- Faculty guest speakers
- Jess Mason McFadden and Beth Clothier
- Communications Coordinator –Packets, Programs, and Name Tags coordinator
- Ashley Lovelace
- Refreshments Coordinator
- Nicole Hagstrom Schmidt
- Facilities-Finding and locating facilities and ensuring they have technology
- Layton will ask Danielle
- This will be determined as the semester progresses. Those who attend regularly will be asked if they would like to participate.