Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
English and Journalism
Main content (full)
EGO Minutes- March 18, 2013
Start Time: 3 p.m.
Attendees: Jake Runge, Jess Mason McFadden, Nicole Hagstrom Schmidt, John Degregorio, Beth Clothier, Danielle Ortiz, Kris Gilbert, Laura Black, Dr. Morrow
- EGO Picnic
- April 13, 2013. 12-5 p.m. actually at 2-5 p.m.
- Location-Everly Park
- Need announcements made-Secretary and Morrow put together faculty announcement.
- Put potluck sign-up in faculty room-have divisions
-Chips, salads, buns, drinks, main dishes types
- Need a grillmaster.-Kris will help cook with Beth and Laura
- Reserve Shelter-Evergreen
- Will have some funds for picnic from English Department-roughly $100-$200
-Burgers, veg burgers,
-Money will mostly be for main dishes
- Will need foil and charcoal/light fluid, plated, cups, etcetera
- Graduate Committee-Haven’t met, but had 2nd panel discussion
-Graduate Workshops started- 1st one last week. 2nd one was Monday, March 4, 2013 at 3 p.m. in Simpkins Writing Center-On writing abstracts, responding to CFPs, and writing papers for conferences.
-Low turn-out last time only 3 people
-3rd panel date TBA-Put together a sign-up sheet prior to panel.
- Be more inviting to other English students
-Can we put up a window outside mailroom to show what EGO is.
-Why it’s important to be a member
-Networking and learning important things for graduate students
-Skype? Media aspect that might connect students who can’t make it.
-Fliers/ posters-to make it more inviting.
-Ego presentation at Graduate Student Orientation
- Writing Committee-
- T.A. teaching award
- Must fill out applications and submit requires documents from Magdelyn’s email.
- Conference 2013-
- Draft of CFP available on Dropbox for everyone’s access to make notes
- We ranked possible speakers to ask to speak at conference.
Next Meeting: April 1, 2013 3 p.m. in Simpkins Writing Center
End Time: 3:42 p.m.