Dr. Ute Chamberlin
Teaching Excellence Award Winner -- WIU Faculty Summer Stipend Award Winner
Dr. Ute Chamberlin joined the Department in the Fall of 2008 as our tenure-track Assistant Professor of German History. She is a specialist in the history of modern Germany and European women. She offers upper-division courses on general German history [History 338], the history of Nazi Germany [History 438], twentieth-century European history [History 429(G)], and European women's history [History 318], as well as sections of the second half of the Western Civilization survey [History 126] and graduate seminars [History 540 and 541] in European history.
Prof. Chamberlin received her Ph.D. in 2007 from the Arizona State University. She has presented her research on German women in turn-of-the-century Dortmund at the national conferences of both the Social Science History Association and the German Studies Association.
Dr. Chamberlin has won several grants and awards, including a WIU University Research Council Grant and a WIU Faculty Summer Research Stipend. She also won several awards while at Arizona State University, including the William T. Hull Memorial Award for Excellence in Teaching. In addition, she was the winner of the Wallace E. Adams Memorial Award for Excellence in European History and of the Feldt-Barbanell Women's History Award.
- "John Rabe" Film Brought to WIU by Dr. Chamberlin & Dr. Pamonag
- Dr. Chamberlin Awarded University Research Council Grant by WIU
- Dr. Chamberlin's Student, Kara McCormick, Gives 2011 URD Presentation
- Dr. Chamberlin Offers Bavarian Study-Abroad Trip in Summer 2011
- Dr. Chamberlin Offers History 126 Online in Summer 2010
- Two of Dr. Chamberlin's Students Give Phi Alpha Theta Conference Presentations
- Dr. Chamberlin Makes International Conference Presentation in Fall 2009
- Dr. Chamberlin Presents her Research at Faculty Colloquia Series
- Dr. Chamberlin Team-Teaches New Global Encounters Course in Spring 2010
- Dr. Chamberlin's Student Makes Historical Undergraduate Research Day Presentation
- Dr. Chamberlin Accompanies Students to Phi Alpha Theta Conference
- Dr. Chamberlin Speaks at Fall 2009 History Course Fair
- Dr. Chamberlin Awarded Faculty Summer Research Stipend
- Dr. Chamberlin Speaks at Spring 2009 History Course Fair
- Dr. Chamberlin Joins WIU Faculty