Department of Mathematics
Presentations by mathematics majors at the 2009 Undergraduate Research Day
Several of our mathematics majors participated in the 2009 Undergraduate Research Day on April 29th. Following is a listing of those students along with the names of their faculty advisors and their topics.
- Michael Baramidze with faculty mentor Dr. Victoria Baramidze - "Finite Element Method for Partial Differential Equations in 2D"
- John Champion with faculty mentor Dr. Feridun Tasdan - "An Empirical Data Analysis Approach to Commercial Airline Accidents"
- Karlie Donald with faculty mentor Dr. Robert Mann - "Trends in Mathematics Achievement"
- Stephanie Geer with faculty mentors Dr. George Barnes and Dr. Iraj Kalantari - "Random Errors in Root-Finding Techniques"
- Taewoong Kim with faculty mentor Dr. Marie-Claire Koissi - "Introduction to Brownian Motion and Applications to Financial Mathematics"
- Daniel Kmieciak with faculty mentor Dr. Galen Weitkamp - "Geodesics of a Cone through Maple"
- Shufang Liu with faculty mentor Dr. Boris Petracovici - "Magic Squares"
- Samantha McKinney with faculty mentor Dr. Rumen Dimitrov - "Rainbow Mathematics"
- Carla Webb with faculty mentor Dr. Rumen Dimitrov - "Satisfiability of Horn Sentences"