Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Department of Physics
The physics department at Western Illinois University is undergoing a major revitalization process that will lead to the creation of new programs and the focusing of the research efforts in a few modern areas. In the near future the department plans to grow in two main research directions: Atomic, Molecular and Optics (AMO) physics and Theoretical High Energy Physics/Astrophysics.
The aim of the revitalization process is to position WIU physics department as the program of choice for students interested in enjoying the advantage of a caring small department atmosphere with very committed professors, without having to give up the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research projects that will prepare them for challenging Ph D programs in top research universities or competitive jobs after graduation.
- P. K. Babu, Experimental Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics
- Mark S Boley, Experimental Condensed Matter Physics
- Brian Davies, Experimental Optics and Surface Physics
- Ryan T. Gordon , Condensed Matter Physics
- Saisudha B. Mallur , Experimental Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics
- Pengqian Wang , Experimental Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics
Theoretical and computational Physics
- Kishor T. Kapale, Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics (Quantum Optics and Quantum Information)
- James Rabchuk, Computational Physics
Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Esteban D. Araya, Observational Astrophysics, Star Formation