Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Sociology & Anthropology
Ph.D., University of Maryland, 2000
Professor of Sociology
- Office: Morgan Hall 203a
- Phone: (309) 298-1567
- E-mail: DE-Rohall@wiu.edu
- Website: http://faculty-wiu.edu/DE-Rohall
- Soc 100 Introduction to Sociology
- Soc 272: Individual and Society
- Soc 313 Sociology of Personality
- Soc 316 Collective Behavior
- Soc 332 Social Research Methods II
- Soc 531 Advanced Research Techniques
- Soc 580 The 20th Century
Areas of Specialization
- Social Psychology, Social Attitudes, Military Sociology
- Ender, Morten G., David E. Rohall, and Michael D. Matthews. 2010. “American Undergraduate Attitudes Toward the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: Trends and Variations.” Chapter 25 in The Routledge Handbook of War and Society: Iraq and Afghanistan by Steven Carlton-Ford, Morten Ender (Eds). New York and London: Routledge.
- Matthews, Michael D., Janice Laurence, Morten G. Ender, and David E. Rohall. 2009. “Undergraduate Attitudes toward Women in the Military.” Military Psychology., Vol 21 (2): 241-251.
- Rohall, David E. and James Martin. 2008. “The Impact of Social Structural Conditions on Psychological Resilience to Stress.” Pp. 301-320 in Biobehavioral Resilience to Stress, Lukey, Brian J. and Tepe, Victoria (Eds). Boca Raton, London, and New York: CRC Press: Taylor and Francis Group.
- Rohall, David E., Melissa A. Milke, and Jeffrey W. Lucas. 2007. Social Psychology: Sociological Perspectives. Allyn & Bacon
- Rohall, David E., Morten G. Ender, and Michael D. Matthews. 2006. “The Role of Military Affiliation, Gender, and Political Ideology in the Favoring of War in Afghanistan and Iraq.” Armed Forces and Society, Vol. 33(1): 1-19.
- Rohall, David E., V. Lee Hamilton, David R. Segal, and Jessica Y. Y. Kwong. 2005. “Job-Search Strategies in Time and Place: A Study of Post-Service Employment among Former Russian Army Officers.” Chapter 4 in Historical Influences on Lives and Aging, Schaie, K. W., & Elder, G. (Eds.). New York: Springer Publishing Co.
- Rohall, David E., Catherine L. Moran, and Cliff Brown. 2004. “Students As Living Data: Introducing Methods Of Sociological Inquiry Using Active Learning Exercises.” Teaching Sociology.
- Rohall, David E. 2003. "Macro- and Micro-Social Conditions Affecting Individual Sense of Mattering during a Period of Downsizing." Current Research in Social Psychology, Vol. 9(1):1-17.
- Rohall, David E., Shelia Cotten, and Charles Morgan. 2002. “Internet Use and the Self Concept: Linking Specific Uses to Global Self-Esteem.” Current Research in Social Psychology, Vol. 8(1): 1-18.
- American Sociological Association, Inter-University Seminar on Armed Forces and Society, Association of Public Opinion Researchers
Dr. Rohall joined the Department in 2003.