Sociology & Anthropology
Ph.D., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1992
Professor of Sociology
- Office: Morgan Hall 410
- Phone: (309) 298-1613
- E-mail: Dr. Tang
- Soc 100 Introduction to Sociology
- Soc 300 Minority Peoples
- Soc 332 Research Methods II
- Soc 414 Population
- Soc 460 Family
- Soc 530 Advanced Statistics
Areas of Specialization
Quantitative Methodology; Race/Ethnic/Minority Relations; Family
- Tang, Shengming. 2009. Meditation of the Mind. Shanghai, China: Academic Publishing House. (pp. 1-273)
- Tang, Shengming and Xiaoping Dong. 2006. “Parents’ and Children’s Perceptions of Privacy Rights in China: A Cohort Comparison.” Journal of Family Issues, 27: (3) 285-300.
- Tang, Shengming. 2003. An Innovative approach to social research. Shanghai Social Science Publishing House.
- Tang, Shengming and Ken Mietus. 2003. "Religious or scientific explanations: a typology," The Social Science Journal, 40.
- Tang, Shengming and Jiping Zuo. 2000. "Dating attitudes and behaviors of American and Chinese college students." Social Science Journal, 37:(1) 67-78.
- Tang, Shengming and Jiping Zuo. 2000. "Breadwinner status and gender ideologies of men and women toward family roles." Sociological Perspectives, 43:(1) 39-43.
Western Sociological Association, Associate editor: Journal of Family Issues, a SAGE publication