Sociology & Anthropology
Student Resources - Sociology
In addition to teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, the full-time faculty Sociology members are actively involved in research within their respective disciplines. Each year they publish numerous articles and books, present papers at state, regional and national meetings and secure research grants from private, state and federal sources to advance knowledge in their disciplines. Our faculty profile pages include a list of their most recent research publications. The diverse research interests of our sociology faculty provide a variety of opportunities for students interested in first-hand research experience at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Students interested in working with our faculty on undergraduate research projects or on existing faculty research projects are encouraged to contact their sociology faculty. View faculty listing by specialization.
- American Sociology Association
- The nation's largest professional association for sociologists. ASA promotes the understanding of sociology as an academic discipline and fosters the use of sociology to improve society.
- Society for Applied Sociology
- Website defining applied sociology and the role of sociological research in social policy and in solving social problems.
- Eastern Sociological Association
- Regional professional association for sociologists and publishers of Sociological Forum quarterly journal.
- Midwest Sociological Society
- Regional professional association for sociologists and publishers of The Sociological Quarterly journal.
- North Central Sociological Association
- Regional professional association for sociologists and publishers of Sociological Focus journal.
- Rural Sociological Society
- Professional association that promotes the use of sociology and social science to enhance the quality of rural life.
- American Society of Criminology
- International organization for the study of crime and delinquency.
- Association of Black Sociologists
- National professional organization of sociologists and social scientists founded by women and men of African descent.
- Society for the Study of Social Problems
- Interdisciplinary organization for the study of social problems.
- Online Guide to Sociology Departments and Links
- Listing of U.S. and North American sociology programs from SocioLog.