Accounting & Finance
Welcome to the Department of Accounting & Finance
State-of-the Art Accounting and Business Education - AACSB Accredited
For students in Accounting and Finance, WIU is the best of both worlds!
WIU is large enough to have outstanding faculty, an excellent library, and state-of-the-art computer equipment and technology, but small enough so a student is not lost in a crowd. Accounting and Finance students and their faculty mentors get to know each other in an environment that encourages a spirit of cooperation and the sharing of information and knowledge.
- Accountancy (Bachelor of Business)
- Finance (Bachelor of Business)
- Accountancy/MBA Integrated Degree Program
The excellence of the faculty and curriculum is recognized by the accreditation of all undergraduate and graduate programs in business by the The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The Accounting program holds a distinct AACSB International accounting accreditation, an achievement awarded to less than 170 accounting programs in the United States and Canada.
AACSB Accreditation is known, worldwide, as the longest standing, most recognized form of specialized/professional accreditation an institution and its business programs can earn.
- Sep 30, 2014: Informational Meeting on IT Career Opportunities with John Deere
- Oct 1, 2014: 2014 Executive in Residence for the Western Illinois University College of Business and Technology (CBT)
- Oct 2, 2014: Informational Meeting on IT Career Opportunities with State Farm
- Oct 7, 2014: Informational Meeting on IT Career Opportunities with Caterpillar
- Oct 8, 2014: Agriculture Career Fair
- Oct 14, 2014: Meet-and-Greet with the Great River Human Resource Association (GRHRA)
- Oct 15, 2014: Ag Quiz Bowl
- Oct 18, 2014: 22nd Annual Smokin' Hog
- Oct 18, 2014: School of Engineering Open House
- Oct 24, 2014: Fall 2014 School of Agriculture Open House
- 2014 WIU Homecoming Royalty Named
- Engineering Technology Scholarships
- SHRM Hosts Guest Speaker and Alumnus...
- USDA's Kirk Hanlin: '14 Exec in...
- SHRM Renews WIU Alignment
- Graphic Communication Program...
- Westen Awarded Outstanding Advisor
- Neumann Named Interim CBT Dean