Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
College of Business & Technology
Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
A SOLID FOUNDATION IN BUSINESS
The WIU College of Business and Technology is proud to announce a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Business Administration, available at the Macomb campus, at the new Quad Cities Riverfront Campus, and online. The twelve semester hour “Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Business Administration” features courses in Accounting, Finance, Management, and Marketing that provide a solid foundation for both a business career and for students interested in pursuing an MBA degree. The four course certificate provides students with a broad range of skills applicable to the field of business. For students interested in pursuing an MBA degree at WIU, three of the courses in the certificate (ACCT 547, FIN 565, and MKTG 576) can be used to satisfy core requirements of the MBA degree while MGT 520 can be used as either an MBA concentration course or as an MBA elective.
A STEPPING STONE TOWARDS AN MBA
Courses taken in the Business Administration Certificate can be applied towards a WIU MBA degree with any concentration. If you complete the certificate, you are more than 1/3 of the way toward an MBA degree!
COURSES WHEN AND WHERE YOU WANT THEM
- ACCT 547 - Corporate Financial Reporting & Analysis, 3 s.h.
- FIN 565 - Financial Management: Theory & Practice, 3 s.h.
- MGT 520 - Organizational Behavior & Leadership, 3 s.h.
- MKTG 576 - Decision Making for Global Markets, 3 s.h.
- Total Hours, 12 s.h.
Dr. John Drea, Associate Dean and MBA Director
Stipes Hall 101
You must be admitted as a WIU graduate student AND meet one of the following:
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (or a GPA of 3.3 over the last 60 semester hours), OR
- The admission criteria for the WIU Master of Business Administration (MBA) program, OR
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (or a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 over the last 60 semester hours) and significant acceptable work experience.
While a GMAT score is not required for admission into the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Business Administration, students who wish to pursue the MBA will need to meet the MBA admission criteria. See your WIU MBA advisor for details.