School of Computer Sciences
Welcome to the School of Computer Sciences
Welcome to the School of Computer Sciences at Western Illinois University. Our mission is to provide our students with an exceptional and comprehensive education in computer science, network technologies, information systems, and other associated professional disciplines.
Our graduates enjoy a wide range of exciting and interesting careers as systems analyst, database administrators, network administrators, operating systems programmers, software engineers, web software developers, network analysts, LAN specialists, distributed systems analysts, telecommunications analysts, and systems security administrators.
- Computer Science (Bachelor of Science)
- Information Systems (Bachelor of Science)
- Network Technologies (Bachelor of Science)
- Computer Science/MBA Integrated Degree Program
- Computer Science
- Traditional option
- Microcomputer Applications option
- Information Systems
- Network Technologies
Why Choose Computer Science at WIU?
Our students have access to leading-edge computing technology in the School of Computer Sciences. You will gain experience on a variety of computing equipment.
- Laboratories full of the latest microcomputers from Dell and Apple
- A networking laboratory with CISCO networking equipment
- Enterprise-class computers from SUN Microsystems
- A large IBM Mainframe
With the experience you'll gain at WIU, you'll be well equipped to make key technology decisions during your working career.
Our faculty have a variety of experience, degrees, and research interests. At WIU, you will learn from experts in artificial intelligence, computer architecture, computer graphics, computer languages, databases, distributed processing, networking, simulation, and software engineering.
- Undergraduate students: Approximately 225
- Graduate students: Approximately 80
- Faculty: 24
- The Computer Science Minor is available online as well as on campus in Macomb.
- The Masters of Computer Science is the most popular graduate degree at WIU.
- The bachelor's degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Network Technologies can be completed in 4 years or less with WIU's GradTrac program.
- Sep 24, 2014: Ag Mech Club Trap Shoot
- Sep 26, 2014: School of Engineering Open House
- Oct 1, 2014: 2014 Executive in Residence for the Western Illinois University College of Business and Technology (CBT)
- Oct 8, 2014: Agriculture Career Fair
- Oct 14, 2014: Meet-and-Greet with the Great River Human Resource Association (GRHRA)
- Oct 18, 2014: 22nd Annual Smokin' Hog
- Oct 18, 2014: School of Engineering Open House
- Oct 24, 2014: Fall 2014 School of Agriculture Open House
- Oct 24, 2014: Engineering Technology Open House
- Nov 14, 2014: School of Engineering Open House
- Westen Awarded Outstanding Advisor
- Neumann Named Interim CBT Dean
- Visit Australia for Course Credit
- Professor Elected Phi Kappa Phi VP...
- School of Ag Weed Science Team Wins...
- Supply Chain Management Day Sept. 10
- CBT Professional Development Series...
- Study Abroad Fair Sept. 10