Management and Marketing
Welcome to the WIU Marketing Club
Learn How to Market Yourself Effectively!
The WIU Marketing Club is an organization designed to give marketing students an opportunity to further enhance their college experience through extracurricular activity within their major field of study, though non-majors are encouraged to join as well. Our organization provides students with the opportunity to explore the practical applications of marketing management, advertising, promotion, and public relations. The club works to arrange guest speaker presentations, career workshops, as well as social and fundraising events. Additionally, members also have the chance to attend various career forums and marketing conferences each year.
Spring 2015 Meetings
Meetings throughout the Spring 2015 semester will take place on Tuesdays from 5:00 - 6:00 pm in Stipes Hall 230.
- Tuesday February 24th at 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday March 10th at 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday March 24th at 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday April 7th at 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday April 21st at 5:00 p.m.
Dodgeball Tournament - Friday, March 6th @ 5:00 p.m.
Campus Recreation Center (back courts)
"Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, & Dodge!"
- CASH PRIZES!!
- 5 players per team ($5 per player)
- Questions & Registration: Please email KR-Flores@wiu.edu
The WIU Marketing Club is open to all students, regardless of major. We focus on the development of marketing and general business skills.
How to Join
- Print out a copy of the WIU Marketing Club Application (docx)
- Fill out the application and deliver it along with your dues ($25 per semester) to Donna Wiencek in Stipes Hall 420 or bring the application and dues to the next club meeting.
- Last, but not least, come to the meetings and get ready to participate and contribute to our organization!
Constitution and Bylaws
WIU Marketing Club Fundraiser
Water Pong Tournament was a new event for 2013-2014. There were an estimated 24 teams that participated. For the top teams we gave away cash prizes and a pair of homecoming tickets to see 2 Chainz live in concert!
If you have any ideas or suggestions, please contact a board member.
WIU Marketing Club's Past Events
- Chicago American Marketing Association (AMA) Conference
- Peoria Chiefs, Peoria Civic Center, & Embassy Suites tour
- Cramer-Krasselt Marketing Agency tour
- CADMEF Conference at NIU
- Motivation Show and Tour of Synovate (Marketing Research Firm) in Chicago, IL
- St. Louis Regional Conference
- Anheuser-Busch St. Louis Factory Tour and Marketing Intro
- Big Pink Volleyball Tournament for Cancer Research
- Cathy Peters, ARM Property Manager - Urban Innovations - Jefferson House
- Joe Ventimiglia, Division Manager in Chicao for Sierra Forest Products
- Todd Lester, Citizens Bank President
- Shane Mac, Marketing Manager
- Jim Dixon, Dixon Seafood of Peoria
- Julie Smith - Total Quality Logistics
- Keith Ten Brook, Vice President of Mobile Devices - Motorola Inc.
- Don Capener, Founder of "Above The Rim Hoopwear"
- Bruce Western, Recruiter for McDonough District Hospital
- Susan Dobbe of Dobbe Marketing
- John Deere General Manager, Jim Schrempf
- Water Pong Tournament
- Bags for Bigs
- Chili Night
- Speed Dating
- CBTSOC Volleyball Tournament
- XBOX360 Fundraiser Launch
- Bash 'n Pumpkins
- Valentine's Day Fundraising Event
- Diamond Dave's Fundraising Event
- Pizza Hut Fundraiser
We want you to be as informed about the club as possible, so please feel free to contact any of the board members.
The Exectuive Board members are elected by the club. Each E-Board member has specific duties and obligations to do. Below is the current E-Board and their elected positions.
2015 Board Members
- President: Kyle Dach, email@example.com
- Vice-President: Ashley Rettger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Brandon Ihrig, email@example.com
- Treasurer: Ashley Rettger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promotions Chair: Jacob Runnion, email@example.com
- Fundraising Chair: Keith Flores, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Programing Chair: Jimmy Rhode, email@example.com
- Online Communicator: Sean Wieland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Service Chair: Ryan Denewellis, rj-Denewellis@wiu.edu
Donna Wiencek, Assistant Professor of Marketing
Office: Stipes Hall 420
Phone: (309) 298-1768
Mandeep Singh, Professor of Marketing
Office: Stipes Hall 414Q
Phone: (309) 298-2497
Web Resources for Careers and Marketing Research
Collegiate Chapters of The American Marketing Association (AMA)
- Arizona State University
- Northern Illinois University
- University of Michigan, Dearborn
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- University of Wisconsin, Stout
- Career Services
- College of Business & Technology
- CBT's MBA Program
- Department of Management & Marketing
- Graduate Studies