Management and Marketing
Welcome to the WIU Marketing Club
Learn How to Market Yourself Effectively!
The WIU Marketing Club is an organization designed to give marketing students an opportunity to further enhance their college experience through extracurricular activity within their major field of study, though non-majors are encouraged to join as well. Our organization provides students with the opportunity to explore the practical applications of marketing management, advertising, promotion, and public relations. The club works to arrange guest speaker presentations, career workshops, as well as social and fundraising events. Additionally, members also have the chance to attend various career forums and marketing conferences each year.
Fall 2014 Meetings
The Marketing Club's first meeting will take place on Tuesday, September 2nd in Stipes Hall 230 during the following times:
- E-Board Meeting: 4:00-4:30 p.m.
- General Meeting: 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Meetings throughout the Fall 2014 semester will take place every week on Tuesday during the times stated above.
The WIU Marketing Club is open to all students, regardless of major. We focus on the development of marketing and general business skills.
How to Join
- Print out a copy of the WIU Marketing Club Application (docx)
- Fill out the application and deliver it along with your dues ($25 per semester) to Donna Wiencek in Stipes Hall 420 or bring the application and dues to the next club meeting.
- Last, but not least, come to the meetings and get ready to participate and contribute to our organization!
Constitution and Bylaws
WIU Marketing Club Fundraiser
Water Pong Tournament was a new event for 2013-2014. There were an estimated 24 teams that participated. For the top teams we gave away cash prizes and a pair of homecoming tickets to see 2 Chainz live in concert!
If you have any ideas or suggestions, please contact a board member.
WIU Marketing Club's Past Events
- Chicago American Marketing Association (AMA) Conference
- Peoria Chiefs, Peoria Civic Center, & Embassy Suites tour
- Cramer-Krasselt Marketing Agency tour
- CADMEF Conference at NIU
- Motivation Show and Tour of Synovate (Marketing Research Firm) in Chicago, IL
- St. Louis Regional Conference
- Anheuser-Busch St. Louis Factory Tour and Marketing Intro
- Big Pink Volleyball Tournament for Cancer Research
- Cathy Peters, ARM Property Manager - Urban Innovations - Jefferson House
- Joe Ventimiglia, Division Manager in Chicao for Sierra Forest Products
- Todd Lester, Citizens Bank President
- Shane Mac, Marketing Manager
- Jim Dixon, Dixon Seafood of Peoria
- Julie Smith - Total Quality Logistics
- Keith Ten Brook, Vice President of Mobile Devices - Motorola Inc.
- Don Capener, Founder of "Above The Rim Hoopwear"
- Bruce Western, Recruiter for McDonough District Hospital
- Susan Dobbe of Dobbe Marketing
- John Deere General Manager, Jim Schrempf
- Water Pong Tournament
- Bags for Bigs
- Chili Night
- Speed Dating
- CBTSOC Volleyball Tournament
- XBOX360 Fundraiser Launch
- Bash 'n Pumpkins
- Valentine's Day Fundraising Event
- Diamond Dave's Fundraising Event
- Pizza Hut Fundraiser
We want you to be as informed about the club as possible, so please feel free to contact any of the board members.
The Exectuive Board members are elected by the club. Each E-Board member has specific duties and obligations to do. Below is the current E-Board and their elected positions.
2014 Board Members
- President: Cody Albright, email@example.com
- Vice-President: Kirsten Castle, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Brandon Ihrig, email@example.com
- Treasurer: Ashley Rettger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promotions Chair: Edward Cermak, email@example.com
- Fundraising Chair: Keith Flores, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Programing Chair: Kyle Dach, email@example.com
- Online Communicator: Jashaun Jacobs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Service Chair: Madeline Sell, email@example.com
Donna Wiencek, Assistant Professor of Marketing
Office: Stipes Hall 420
Phone: (309) 298-1768
Mandeep Singh, Professor of Marketing
Office: Stipes Hall 414Q
Phone: (309) 298-2497
Web Resources for Careers and Marketing Research
Collegiate Chapters of The American Marketing Association (AMA)
- Arizona State University
- Illinois State University
- Northern Illinois University
- University of Illinois Chicago
- University of Michigan, Dearborn
- University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- University of Wisconsin, Stout
- Career Services
- College of Business & Technology
- CBT's MBA Program
- Department of Management & Marketing
- Graduate Studies