Management and Marketing
Society for Human Resource Management - Western Illinois University Student Chapter
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world's largest association devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 250,000 individual members, the Society serves the needs of HR professionals and advances the interests of the HR profession.
As a local student chapter, our goal is to further the professional advancement of our members by providing leadership opportunities, HR knowledge, professional speakers, seminars, company tours, conferences, and several other hands-on HR experiences for our members.
5 pm in Stipes Hall 201 (Macomb) & QC Riverfront 218.
December 3, 2014
Guest speakers will be Kiona Pryor and Gina Ruffcorn. Kiona is the IL Recruiter at DOT Foods and Gina Ruffcorn is the HR Manager. They will be discussing what their work entails, HR at DOT Foods, and possible Internship/Career opportunities at DOT Foods.
TJ Manns President: TL-Manns@wiu.edu
Myriah Johnson, Vice President: ML-Johnson@wiu.edu
Cameron Stoewer, Vice President of Communications: CJ-Stoewer@wiu.edu
Ellise Haynie, Treasurer: ED-Haynie@wiu.edu
Bailey Snell, Secretary: BN-Snell@wiu.edu
Kelsey Markley, Vice President of Merit Award: KM-Markley@wiu.edu
Bruce Ratliff, Quad Cities Representative: BT-Ratliff@wiu.edu
Carrie Belsito, Assistant Professor of Human Resource Management
Office: Stipes Hall 418I
Join the College of Business & Technology LinkedIn Group wiu.edu/cbt/linkedin
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) at WIU is open to all majors. Anyone is welcome to join!
How to Join WIU's SHRM Student Chapter!:
- Download a new member information form:
new member information form (docx) or new member information form (pdf)
- Return the new member information form to an officer along with your dues.
- $10 per semester
- $15 per year
Questions? Please Contact
TJ Manns, President: TL-Manns@wiu.edu
- DOT Food Tour Spring 2015
- SHRM Case Competition Spring 2015, more details to come.
- Regional Conference in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Social at El Rancherito
- Volunteering at the soup kitchen
- Pella Tour
- December Social at Larry A's
- Paul Young, an Independent HR Consultant with over 25 years of experience in Human Resources throughout several different companies and industries.
- Lisa Irish, a Recruiter for NTN-Bower and will be discussing HR at NTN-Bower.
- Kiona Pryor and Gina Ruffcorn, HR professionals from DOT Foods discussing work entails, HR at DOT Foods, and possible Internship/Career opportunities at DOT Foods
- Brian Francom, Organizational Development Specialist for Lake County, Illinois
- Paul J. Gruefe, President of PJGreufe & Associates
- Adrian MacGregor, Leader - Outreach Services for McDonough District Hospital
- Various Human Resource Professionals from John Deere