College of Business & Technology
B.B. in ECONOMICS/MBA Integrated Degree Program
If you're wondering how to get started in an integrated degree program, here's a step-by-step guide for what to do each year. Follow each step and you're on your way!
Years 1 and 2 (0-60 hours)
Declare as a Pre-Business Economics major, and complete general education requirements. Start work on business core courses in Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Business Law, etc.
Year 3 - First Semester (61-75 hours)
Declare as an Economics major and continue working on business core requirements and major requirements.
Year 3 - Second Semester (76-90 hours)
Complete an application for admission into the Integrated MBA Program, available in the CBT Dean's Office (Stipes 101), and continue to complete business core and major requirements.
Acceptance into the Integrated
B.B. in Economics/MBA Degree
Must have a cumulative 3.4 GPA, a 3.0 in business core courses, completed 90 hours, completed an Application for Admission into Integrated MBA and an Undergraduate Request to Enroll in Integrated Baccalaureate and Master's Degree Bridge Course.
Year 4 (91-120 hours)
Complete remaining Economics major courses, business courses, two bridge courses, and maintain 3.4 cumulative GPA and 3.0 in business core courses.
GRADUATE WITH B.B. IN ECONOMICS!
Year 5 - The MBA (27 remaining hours)
Complete nine MBA courses, including the seven required courses and two concentration courses.
GRADUATE WITH MBA!
Bridge Courses for Economics Majors
Take two of the following:
- ACCT 457G/B-Fraud Examination
- DS 435G/B-Applied Data Mining for Business Decision Making
- DS 490G/B-Statistical Software for Data Management and Decision Making
- ECON 420G/B-Economic Development
- ECON 425G/B-Money Markets, Capital Markets, & Monetary Policy
- ECON 432G/B-Public Finance
- ECON 435G/B-Comparative Capitalist Systems
- ECON 445G/B-Game Theory & Economic Behavior
- ECON 460G/B-Urban & Regional Economic Analysis
- ECON 470G/B-International Trade
- ECON 471G/B-International Monetary Economics
- ECON 487G/B-Econometrics
- MGT 474G/B-Small Business Management
- MGT 481G/B-Management & Society: Ethics & Social Responsibility
- MGT 483G/B-Managing Organizations for Environmental Sustainability