School of Engineering
Welcome to the School of Engineering
WIU's School of Engineering is one of the newest ABET accredited engineering programs in the State of Illinois. We offer a multidisciplinary degree that allows students to build specialization on top of a fundamental core of subjects from Math, Science, Mechanics, Materials, Electronics, Robotics-Automation, Thermo-Fluids, Structures, Engineering Management, and Design. Why? Because we live in a multi-disciplinary world and these are the subject areas you need to master if you are going to remain competitive in this century!
Western Engineers can chose from six “emphasis” areas in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Manufacturing-Quality, and Materials Engineering, and Engineering Management. We encourage you to take electives in more than one emphasis area since this makes you more valuable to potential employers and gives you greater flexibility in career paths. The beauty of our program is that you make the decision of which area you want to specialize in at the beginning of your senior year! So if you are undecided and want to do an internship before making your choice, you can do it! That’s flexibility!
Entrepreneurial Engineering, Innovation, Leadership...are the hallmarks of this program!
ABET accreditation is an essential indicator that WIU's engineering program is recognized internationally for its quality and best practices in engineering education.
On the 23rd of August 2012 the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) granted accreditation to Western Illinois University’s Engineering program. It retroactively covers all our graduates. Learn more about ABET Accreditation.
WIU Engineering Students on the ground floor for a manufacturing revival!
School of Engineering Open House Dates
- September 12, 2014: 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- September 26, 2014: 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- October 18, 2014: 11:00-12:30 p.m.
- November 14, 2014: 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- December 5, 2014: 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Oct 25, 2014: Livestock Judging Contest
- Oct 25, 2014: Alpha Gamma Sigma 8th Annual Ags for Bags
- Nov 2, 2014: Application Deadline for "Agriculture Down Under"
- Nov 14, 2014: School of Engineering Open House
- Dec 5, 2014: School of Engineering Open House
- Sigma Iota Epsilon Inducts Fall Members
- Provost's Award of Excellence Winners
- Alumna's Charitable Fund: Ebola...
- Engineering Technology Open House is...
- Marketing Club Fall Fest Oct. 16
- WIU Alumni Family Named IL Farm...
- WIU School of Ag Fall 2014 Open...
- WIU Forestry Club to Protect Ash Trees