Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
College of Business & Technology
Caterpillar Foundation Scholarship
Study Abroad in China - Deadline is March 1, 2014
The Caterpillar Foundation is making funds available to support study abroad opportunities in China for students at selected accredited colleges and universities. The Office of Study Abroad is pleased to announce that WIU has been selected to award three scholarships for semester-long study in China during the Fall 2014 semester.
An information meeting will be held on Feb. 6th at 3:30 pm in Stipes Hall 225.
Scholarship Award Criteria
- Must be a student in one of the following majors: Accountancy, Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Technology, Finance, Information Systems, Marketing, Network Technologies or Supply Chain Management.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student at the sophomore level or above (30 s.h. earned), in good judicial standing.
- Minimum GPA of 2.8; preference will be given to those who show high academic performance.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, temporary resident who has applied for or been granted amnesty by INS, or a refugee/asylee; must be able to establish employment eligibility under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. International students are not eligible.
- Diversity focus: preference will be given to students from minority populations and/or those who are of low/ middle income according to Federal Student Aid standards.
- Full- time enrollment in international study abroad coursework in China while participating.
- Average cost to spend one semester at WIU: $12,426
(based on 15 s.h., plan N, double room occupancy)
- Average cost to spend one semester in China: $15,362
- Caterpillar Foundation Scholarship: $14,250
- Balance of cost for student with a Caterpillar Foundation Scholarship: $1,112
Stipes Hall 133
Memorial Hall 344