Suggested Reading List for Teachers
- Edwards, C. H. (2004) Classroom Discipline and Management. Danvers, MA: John Wiley and Sons.
- Essex, Nathan L. (2010) Teacher's Pocket Guide to School Law, a (2nd Edition). Massachusetts, Allyn and Bacon, Inc.
- Fischer, L., Schimmel, D., and Kelly, C. (Eighth edition, 2012) Teachers and the Law. New York: Pearson Education.
- Johnson, Matthew (2010) Finding Success the First Year: A Survivor's Guide for New Teachers. Maryland: Rowman and Littlefield Education.
- Lemov, Doug, (2012) Practice Perfect: 42 Rules for Getting Better. San Francisco, California: Jossey-Bass.
- Lemov, Doug (2010) Teach Like a Champion. San Francisco, California: Jossey-Bass.
- Lovoie, Richard (2007) 6 Secrets to Turning On the Tuned-Out Child. New York, New York: Touchstone.
- Mack-Kirschner, Adrienne (2008) Straight Talk for Today's Teachers. Porthsmouth, New Hampshire: Heinemann Press.
- Schmidt, L. (2004) Classroom Confidential: The 12 Secrets of Great Teachers. Portsmouth, NH: & Heinemann.
- Sprick, R. S. (2008) Discipline in the Secondary Classroom. West Nyack, NY: Jossey-Bass.
- Thompson,Julia G. (2007) The First-Year Teacher's Survival Guide: Ready-To-Use Strategies, Tools and Activities for Meeting the Challenges of Each School Day. West Nyack, NY: Jossey-Bass.
- Thompson, Julia G. (2009) The First-Year Teacher's Checklist: A Quick Reference for Classroom Success. West Nyack, NY: Jossey-Bass.
- Wong, H. K. (2009). The First Days of School. Mountain View, CA: Harry K. Wong Publications, Inc.
- Wyatt, Robert L. and White, J. Elaine, (2007) Making Your First Year a Success: A Classroom Survival Guide for Middle and High School Teachers, California: Corwin Press.