Suggested Reading List for Teachers
- Bailey, B. A. (2001). Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline . New York: William Morrow and Company.
- Borich, G. D. (2003). Observation Skills for Effective Teaching . Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
- Canter and Associates. (1999). First-Class Teacher . Los Angeles: Author.
- Charles, C. M. (2002). Building Classroom Discipline . Boston: Allyn and Bacon.
- Edwards, C. H. (2004). Classroom Discipline and Management . Danvers, MA: John Wiley and Sons.
- Essex, Nathan L. (2010) Teacher's Pocket guide to School Law, a (2nd Edition). Massachusetts, Allyn and Bacon, Inc.
- Fischer, L., Schimmel, D., and Kelly, C. (2002). Teachers and the Law . New York: Pearson Education.
- Johnson, Matthew, (2010) Finding Success the First Year: A Survivor's Guide for New Teachers. Maryland: Rowman and Littlefield Education.
- Center for Applied Research in Education.
- Price, K., and Nelson, K. L. (2003). Daily Planning for Today's Classroom . Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
- R &, M. K., and Shelton-Conlangelo, S. (2003). Voices of Student Teachers . Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
- Schimmel, David (2010). Teachers and the Law (8th Edition). Massachusetts, Allyn and Bacon, Inc.
- Schmidt, L. (2004). Classroom Confidential: The 12 Secrets of Great Teachers . Portsmouth, NH: & Heinemann.
- Sprick, R. S. (2008). Discipline in the Secondary Classroom . West Nyack, NY: Jossey-Bass.
- Thompson,Julia G. (2007) The First-Year Teacher's Survival Guide: Ready-To-Use Strategies, Tools and Activities for Meeting the Challenges of Each School Day. West Nyack, NY: Jossey-Bass.
- Thompson, Julia G. (2009) The First-Year Teacher's Checklist: A Quick Reference for Classroom Success . West Nyack, NY: Jossey-Bass.
- Wong, H. K. (2009). The First Days of School . Mountain View, CA: Harry K. Wong Publications, Inc.
- Wyatt, Robert L. and White, J. Elaine, (2007. Making Your First Year a Success: A Classroom Survival Guide for Middle and High School Teachers. California: Corwin press.