Western High School Scholarship
CRITERIA: To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicants must, at the time of the application:
- Applicants must be full time students.
- Be related to a former student, teacher, administrator, or employee of Western High School/Academy (some record of relationship must be submitted).
- If no applicants meets #2 above, consideration will be given to WIU students who will be student teaching in the Macomb School District or school in onoe of the counties that border McDonough County. Those counties include Hancock, Henderson, Warren, Fulton, and Schuyler.
- If no applicants meet #2 or #3, consideration will be given to WIU students who graduated from a high school in McDonough County. If there are no applicants from McDonough County, consideration will be given to WIU students who graduated from a high school in one of the counties that border McDonough County. Those counties include Hancock, Henderson, Warren, Fulton, and Schuyler.
- Be enrolled in the student teaching semester within the next academic year following the application submittal.
- Have maintained at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average and supply two letters of recommendation
TERMS: Award of $1000 will be awarded per year during the applicant's student teaching semester.
SELECTION PROCESS: Final selection will be made by the Center for the Preparation of Education Professionals Scholarship Committee. Recipient will be selected based on academic work, GPA and financial need.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: On a separate sheet of paper, please type a one page essay describing applicant’s intent to "pay it forward" (give back to the profession) as an educator
INQUIRIES SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Center for the Preparation of Education Professionals
Horrabin Hall 91
Western Illinois University
1 University Drive
Macomb, IL 61455
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: April 1