Curriculum and Instruction
Degree Completion Procedures
- The student submits application to School of Graduate Studies for admission to degree program.
- The student receives a letter of admission from the School of Graduate Studies.
- The student receives a letter of acceptance from the Department of Curriculum and Instruction and is assigned a faculty advisor.
- The student meets with advisor for program planning and obtains specific departmental degree requirements and course information.
- At the completion of 9 - 15 credits, the student and advisor prepare and file a Degree Plan.
- The student receives approval of Graduate Degree Plan from the School of Graduate Studies.
- The student completes the Graduate Degree Plan (or amended Plan) course work.
- The student applies for graduation eight weeks prior to the end of the semester in which the candidate plans to graduate. The student should meet with his/her advisor at this time to check that all degree requirements have been met.
- All course revalidations, final grades, official transcripts for transfer work are completed and in the School of Graduate Studies by the last day of the student’s final semester.