Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
HOW TO APPLY TO THE EDUCATIONAL AND INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES (EIS) PROGRAM
Note that the application process is a two step process, you must apply to the WIU School of Graduate Studies and to the EIS program
Step 1 – Application to the School of Graduate Studies
Apply online for admission to the WIU School of Graduate Studies at the following website: http://www.wiu.edu/graduate_studies/prospective_students/classification.php . Follow the directions at this website.
Step 2 -- Application to the Educational and Interdisciplinary Studies Department
The application process consists of completing a Reasons Statement, Personal Information Sheet and Interviewing with an EIS Graduate Committee member.
1. Complete a "Reasons Statement" ( form attached) http://www.wiu.edu/coehs/eis/1reasonsstatementform.pdf
Along with the reasons statement form please submit a typed clarification statement indicating why EIS is the best choice for you, identifying the degree's suitability to your personal and professional goals and objectives, and selecting the track that you plan to pursue. (please circle the name of the track you choose on the form – Cognition and Instruction; Language, Culture and Education; Social Foundations of Education.)
2. Complete a "Personal Information Sheet" ( form attached) http://www.wiu.edu/coehs/eis/documents/infosheet.pdf
3. Interview with an EIS Graduate Committee member. To arrange for an interview, email the following and request an interview:
Tom Cody, Chair of the Grad. Committee ( email@example.com )
Georg Gunzenhauser, Graduate Coordinator-Quad Cities (G-Gunzenhauser@wiu.edu)
Andrea Hyde (AM-Hyde@wiu.edu)
Katrina Daytner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Carla Paciotto (email@example.com)
Once you have completed the above steps 1, 2 and 3, (and indicated on the bottom of the reasons statement form the committee member by whom you were interviewed by), please upload the following documents:
1. the “Reasons Statement” form
2. the accompanying clarification statement attached to the “Reasons Statement” form
3. the “personal information sheet”
or mail to Lisa Turke, EIS Department, 1 University Circle,115 Horrabin Hall-Macomb, IL 61455
If applying for a graduate assistantship, recommendation letters may be submitted by utilizing this form:
If you have questions, please contact the chair of the Graduate Committee, Dr. Tom Cody at 309-298-1183.