Educational Studies


Step 1 - Submit application for admittance to the School of Graduate Studies

If you have not taken a graduate level course recently at Western Illinois University, you will first need to apply to the School of Graduate Studies A $30 non-refundable application fee is required. If you are not seeking a degree, you may apply as a non-degree seeking student.  

Step 2 - Request official transcripts to be sent to the School of Graduate Studies

Please have your official transcripts from the university or college that you earned your highest degree forwarded to:

School of Graduate Studies  
1 University Circle
Sherman Hall 116 
Macomb, IL 61455

For any questions regarding the bilingual endorsment courses, contact Carla Paciotto ( or Lisa Turke (

For questions concerning admission or to confirm receipt of transcripts, you may contact the School of Graduate Studies at:  

1-877-WIU Grad.
or 309-298-1806

Should you decide at a later time to become an Educational Studies degree seeking student, you may do so by submitting a  Request to Change from Nondegree to Degree  form and applying to the Educational Studies department. These forms can be found online by visiting:


For more information on Bilingual Endorsement or requirements, please visit:


Note: Admission to the School of Graduate Studies does not imply or constitute admission to an advanced degree program.