Health Sciences & Social Work
Health Sciences Admission Requirements
Ensure you meet our Undergraduate Admissions Standards
- 18–23 ACT Composite Score (middle 50%)
- 2.63–3.34 High School GPA (middle 50%)
- Complete your Admissions Application online. If planning to attend in the fall, submit application before August 1. (We have special Admissions Applications for our International students, Bachelor of Arts in General Studies applicants, and non-degree seeking students).
- Have your official ACT and/or SAT scores mailed directly to WIU
- Have your official high school transcript mailed to WIU directly from your high school. After you graduate from high school, we will also need your final transcript that includes your date of graduation
- Military/Veteran applicants: submit form DD214
Social Work Major Admission Requirements
All students enter social work as a pre-social major (PSW). The admissions requirements, timeline, and application documents are being revised and will be posted shortly.
- NASW Code of Ethics (for online viewing)
Application for Admission
Students must talk to Cindy Dadello, the social work advisor, before completing the application to determine the appropriate semester in which to apply. She can be reached at 298-2484.