Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Recreation, Park & Tourism Administration
Professional Development Conference
A one-day conference with educational sessions led by RPTA Alumni currently working in the field. This is a great opportunity to meet and network with alumni.
A few things to keep in mind when attending PDC:
- Your fee pays for the conference meals: Thursday night social, Friday breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- RPTA classes are cancelled on the conference day so students are able to attend PDC.
- Students are encouraged to dress in a professional manner and bring a complete resume.
- Alumni are taking time out of their busy schedules to lead these sessions – students are asked to be respectful and engaged during the sessions.
- Alumni are happy to talk individually with students after their sessions– students should initiate conversations with the alumn
$20 – $25
- Registration deadline: March 29, no registrations will be accepted the day of the conference
- Student registration forms are also available in the office
- Payments (check or exact cash) are paid in the RPTA office
- Students in need of financial assistance are asked to contact the RPTA office
Conference Dates: April 11 & 12, 2013
April 11: 7 PM, Conference Social - Horrabin Hall Gym
April 12: 8:30 AM, Contintental Breakfast - Horrabin Hall Gym
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Conference Sessions - Horrabin Hall Classrooms
12:00 PM, Conference Luncheon - Horrabin Hall Gym
Open house being determined at Horn Field Campus for the afternoon
5:00 PM, Cookout at Horn Field Campus