Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Recreation, Park & Tourism Administration
Professional Development Conference - Thursday, April 10 and Friday, April 11, 2014
Save the date and make plans to attend the Professional Development Conference, April 10-11, 2014.
A one-day conference with educational sessions led by RPTA Alumni currently working in the field. This is a great opportunity to meet and network with alumni.
A few things to keep in mind when attending PDC:
- Your fee pays for the conference meals: Thursday night social, Friday breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- RPTA classes are cancelled on the conference day so students are able to attend PDC.
- Students are encouraged to dress in a professional manner and bring a complete resume.
- Alumni are taking time out of their busy schedules to lead these sessions – students are asked to be respectful and engaged during the sessions.
- Alumni are happy to talk individually with students after their sessions– students should initiate conversations with the alumni.
2014 Conference Fee is $15 for alumni and $10 for students.
Click either of the following links to print a registration form.
2014 Conference Schedule
Thursday April 10
Student/Alumni/Faculty Social at Alumni House 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Friday April 11
Morning Gathering at Horrabin Hall Gym 8:30 a.m.
Conference Sessions 9:00-11:50 a.m.
Luncheon and Awards at Horrabin Hall Gym 12:00 p.m.
Student/Alumni Network Hour 1:00-2:00 p.m.