College of Education & Human Services
Technology Competency Assessment (TCA)
You are registered for the Technology Competency Assessment - TCA Fall 2014 Session 2. Any questions or concerns should be emailed to Debbie Danner firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an email from lynda.com
(if you do not receive an email from lynda.com within 48 hours please check your junk mail before emailing Debbie.)
- Click on the link in the email that says “Complete your lynda.com profile.”
- As stated in the email in bold, your user login is your WIU email.
- You will be prompted to create a password (once you have logged into lynda.com on your personal computer you will most likely not have to login again. IF you are in the lab you will have to login in every time with your lynda.com user name and password.)
- Go to Western Online (https://westernonline.wiu.edu/)
- Login with your ecom user name and password
- Notice you now have a new course titled TCA Fall 2014 Session 2.
- Click the course to begin your TCA Experience.
- Click the START HERE link to begin the course.
Completing the TCA
From the course TCA Fall 2014 Session 2 choose one version of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- You must complete the lynda.com videos that are assigned for the version you have chosen.
- After viewing all the videos, download the Certificate of Completion from the navigation tab in lynda.com My Courses>Certificate of Completion.
- Submit the Certificate of Completion for EACH module you have completed in to the dropbox on Western Online. (You will have one certificate for each software program: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access).
Submit the Application of Skills for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (there is NOT an Application of Skills for Access).
- Name each file with your last name and the application you are completing.
- For example: dannerword13.docx
- RESUBMISSIONS: If you are required to revise and resubmit your file include the word revised to the file name: reviseddannerword13.docx You MUST meet all of the Application of Skills requirements with a score of 100%. After your submissions have been graded, the rubrics can be located in your TCA Fall 2014 Session 2 dropbox on Western Online.