Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
College of Education & Human Services
How to Access the
Download PDF of How to Access TCA
Log into STAR-Online
- Go to http://star-online.howtomaster.com
User ID: WIU Email [email@example.com]
Password: star (A)
The Home page and menu will be visible, providing you access to your Courses, Projects, Calendar, Files, Blog, Messages, Info, and Help.
Start a Course
- Click My Courses (A)
- Courses are organized by categories (B)
Click on a category to access specific courses (C)
NOTE: You must complete ALL COURSES in a linear fashion, from top to bottom.
Application of Skills Requirement
If a course has the Application of Skills you MUST complete this requirement in addition to the lesson quizzes. The Application of Skills requires you to apply what you learned in the course and create a new product (or artifact) for evaluation by our staff.
Download Files from STAR-Online
- Locate the Files area at the bottom of the Course Menu (A)
- Click the disk icon with the green arrow pointing down (B) to download and save the document titled Application of Skills Information Criteria (or other files that may be available for download).
Upload Files to STAR-Online
- Click the disk icon with the green arrow pointing up (C) to upload the file created (product or artifact). A new window will appear – it may need to be resized for all options to be available.
- Click the Browse/Choose File button in the Upload from Desktop portion of the dialog box (top half) to select file and Open your file.(D)
- Click the Upload button and wait for upload confirmation. The file will go to a folder for review by the STAR-Online staff. (E)
Meeting the Requirements and Graded Submissions
Your progress of pre-tests, post-tests, quizzes, and submissions can be tracked within each course. All scores and lesson completions will be listed in the status area of the course menu.
- Click the My Courses link in the Learner Menu. (A)
- Click on the category (B) to view your progress of the course.
As you work on your course you may notice Not Attempted or Submitted.
NOTE: Not Attempted = has not been started yet, Submitted = waiting for review and Passed = submitted and reviewed.
After document has been uploaded you MUST refresh the page for the status to change from Not Attempted to Submitted. It will change to Passed when it has been reviewed.
Please allow 2 business days for registration activation.
Questions or Concerns
If you have further questions or concerns, please contact Debbie Danner at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call the Office for Partnerships, Professional Development, and Technology in Horrabin Hall 113 at 298-2444.