College of Education & Human Services
COEHS Technology Planning Committee
The COEHS technology committee exists to assist COEHS administration in the development and prioritization of college-wide technology goals. Technology goals and initiatives carried out by committee members will include planning for acquisition, replacement, maintenance and attrition of hardware, software, and network provisions, human support and training, electronically enhanced classrooms and laboratories, and website development. Throughout this planning we will ensure to set priorities that are relative to curricular outcomes and mission critical processes.
Current Action Items
- Exploring Technology Assisted Course Needs within the College.
- Discussing plans for updating SmartTechnologies Software.
- Drafting Technology Priorities for FY2015 Annual Reporting (e-classroom upgrades, faculty staff computer upgrades, software licensing, renewals and maintenance, discipline specific needs, and etc.)
- Preparing a college proposal for access to a qualitative statistics package such as (NVIVO).
- Revising list of recommendation for standard classroom technology needs.
- Continued requests for improvement to point of egress, wired and wireless networks in Horrabin Hall.
Completed and In-Pilot Action Items
- Achieving AirPlay hardware in select COEHS classrooms.
- Maureen Bezold, Health Sciences
- Josh Butcher, IDS
- Debra Danner, STAR Onsite/Online
- Jason Eveland, COEHS Webmaster
- Randy Hyllegard, Kinesiology
- Barry McCrary, Law Enforcement & Justice Administration
- Rebecca Newgent, Counselor Education (Residing at QC Campus)
- Lisa Ortmann, Curriculum and Instruction
- Paul Schlag, Recreation, Park & Tourism Administration
- Bridget Sheng, Educational Studies
- Emily Shupe, Dietetics, Fashion Merchandising and Hospitality
- Dawn Sweet, COEHS Dean's Office Technology Representative
- Jim West, Intstructional Design and Technology
Committee bylaws were last revised 10.12.2011.
Download Committee Bylaws in Adobe PDF Format.
Agendas for COEHS Technology Committee meetings are available for download in Adobe PDF format below.
- COEHS Technology Committee Agenda 11.10.11
- COEHS Technology Committee Agenda 12.09.11
- COEHS Technology Committee Agenda 2.00.12
- COEHS Technology Committee Agenda 4.19.12
- COEHS Technology Committee Agenda 11.06.12
- COEHS Technology Committee Agenda 12.04.12
- COEHS Technology Committee Agenda 2.20.13
The COEHS Technology Committee meeting minutes are available upon request. Contact Dawn Sweet DR-Sweet@wiu.edu for copies.