Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
University Bands Ensemble Audition Process
For placement into the WIU bands that require auditions*, both incoming and returning students must audition during the first two days of each semester. Music can be obtained on the Bands website or by visiting a studio professor on campus. Times for auditions are posted on this page, in the Browne Hall Lobby and outside of Sallee Hall rm 204. Auditions are "blind" meaning the adjudicators do not know who is auditioning until after all students' scores are ranked and assigned. One audition is all that is needed to place students in an ensemble suitable for their abilities.
*Wind Ensemble, Concert Band, and Pep Band. (Note: University Band and Marching Band do not require entrance auditions)
WIU School of Music/Music Major Audition Process
Please visit our School of Music Auditions Page to learn about majoring in music at WIU.
- Flutes, 12:00-2:00 (BH 220)
- Horns, 12:00-2:00 (BH 130)
- Oboes/Bassoons, 2:30-4:00 (BH 220)
- Clarinets, 2:30-4:00 (BH 129)
- Trumpets, 4:30-6:00 (BH 220)
- Percussion, 4:30-6:00 (BH 129)
- Trombones/Euphoniums, 3:00-4:00 (BH 129)
- Tuba, 3:00-4:00 (BH 215)
- Saxophones, 4:30-5:30 (BH 129)