Student OrganizationsLambda Pi Eta
Lambda Pi Eta is the Department of Communication’s Honors Society. If you are a communication major or minor with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, a communication GPA of 3.25 or higher, and have earned at least 60 credit hours (at least 12 in communication), you are eligible for induction.
Last year society members enjoyed a pizza party; raked leaves at a retirement community; and raised funds for a local foundation. More information about the organization may be found at the following link: Lambda Pi Eta, The National Communication Honor Society
Please contact the society’s faculty advisor, Dr. Judi Dallinger (309-298-3826, J-Dallinger@wiu.edu), for more information.
The Communication Student Society (CSS) is open to all communication majors and minors. The mission of the Communication Student Society is to provide for the intellectual and professional development of its members, promote fellowship am ong students and faculty, and to provide a forum for the presentation of innovative ideas for the benefit of the department and the University community.
Numerous workshops, guest speakers and activities help members to better understand the value and marketability of a communication degree, as well as to explore a variety of professional occupations and careers.
In years past,
- CSS members participated in resume writing and interviewing workshops;
- learned about career options for communication majors and how to market themselves through teleconferences with recent departmental alumni;
- and enjoyed a number of social gatherings with other students and faculty for dinners, happy hours, and bowling.
For more information about CSS, please contact the society’s faculty advisor, Dr. Peter Jorgensen, at 309-298-1858 or PF-Jorgensen@wiu.edu.
- American Communication Association
- Central States Communication Association
- Communication Institute for Online Scholarship (CIOS/Comserve)
- International Association of Business Communicators
- International Communication Association
- National Communication Association
- Public Relations Society of America
- Southern States Communication Association
Western States Communication Association
The National Communication Association hosts a daily e-mail listserv, the Communication, Research and Theory Network