Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Students enrolled in clinical practicum may work on campus at the Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic as well as at one of several off campus sites including the following:
- Great River Medical Center, West Burlington, IA
- Cottage Hospital, Galesburg
- Blessing Hospital, Quincy
- McDonough District Hospital, Macomb
- Elms Nursing Home, Macomb
- Wesley Village Nursing Home, Macomb
- Bridgeway Rehabilitation Center, Macomb
Student Teaching Sites
Student teaching sites are available within a 125 mile radius of the Macomb campus. Also, Chicago-area placement is available.
Speech Language Hearing Clinic Library / Work Room
A small library/work room is available in the clinic. Various texts and journals pertinent to the major are housed here as well as a variety of tests, materials and clinic forms for use in therapy. A small computer area is available for student use. The computers are useful for the completion of clinic reports as well as word processing which may be necessary for academic work. The computers are linked to the local area network (LAN) of the university, so students have ready access to the Internet.