- Music is spiritual , the music business is not!
- If it is to be, it is up to me!
- The only person you can change is you
- You can only get offended if you have a big ego.
- Whatever you do, do it better than anyone else.
- What we are is a composite of the influences of others.
- Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anyone else expects of you.
- Refuse to be average.
- If you want to be listened to, take time to listen.
- Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence.
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is not an act but a habit.
- All that matters is if you can look in the mirror and honestly tell the person you see there, that you've done your best.
- It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance
- We'll never get to the problem if we're so caught up in our own agenda that we don't take off our glasses long enough to see another point of view.
- In the final analysis, what we are communicates more eloquently than what we say or what we do.
- The shortest distance between two people is humor.
- You NEVER get a second chance to make a first impression.
- Whether you think you can or you think you can't — YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.
- One of life's most painful moments comes when we must admit that we did not do our homework, that we are not prepared.
- Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you.
- The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. (Hunter S. Thompson)
- Success is never final, failure is never fatal.
- Students are not the pawns of our art.
- Through enthusiasm, attitudes and ideas, or lack of these attributes, a teacher communicates messages that are sometimes more important than the subject matter itself.
- The group of young people that you face every day is a direct reflection of your feelings and attitude about your job. If you find that they: lack motivation, lack discipline, seem not to care, don't inspire you, and a host of other things, you will find the solution to all of these problems by looking in the mirror. (Tim Lautzenheiser)
- Child, take my hand so that I might walk in the shadow of your faith in me.
- Who dares to teach must never cease to learn.
- A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove...but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.
- The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.
- I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This by Kate White
- Knowing Your Value by Mika Brzezinski
- Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office by Lois Frankel
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
- Ask for It by Linda Babcock & Sara Laschever
- The Confidence Code: The Science and Art of Self-Assurance by Katty Kay