Admission Requirements - Apply Now
It is expected that students enrolled in the program will hold at least a bachelor’s degree and be seriously committed to a career in museums, historical agencies, preservation organizations, or related institutions. No prior museum experience is required. Requirements to be considered for admission into the program include: Step 1:
- Fill out a graduate student application at Begin the online application process. (I have never applied before.) and if you are a U.S. Citizen.
- If you are seeking international admission apply at International Application for Admission and more info can be find on Center for International Studies.
- Send official transcripts indicating a Bachelor’s degree (or foreign credentials equivalent to the U.S. bachelor's degree) with a cumulative or last two years' undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher to the school of graduate studies 1 University Circle, Macomb, IL 61455
- International Applicants Only: TOEFL score of 600 (paper based), 250 (computer based), or 100 (internet based) or better.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Current Resume (This can be uploaded in the graduate application online or sent to the school of graduate studies)
- An essay, professional in appearance and content, explaining your academic goals while pursuing graduate study in Museum Studies at WIU, and how your immediate and long-term plans will be met through this program.
- * Preference will be given to applicants who come from backgrounds in the following areas: art; recreation, park and tourism administration; anthropology; education; and history.
- ** After being accepted to the program but before beginning the program, students must purchase a “Museum Studies” membership at the Figge Art Museum. This fee will be paid to the Figge Art Museum to cover incidental expenses and admission to workshops held at the museum. The fee will include a 2-year membership to the Figge Art Museum. Students who do not complete the program in two years must purchase another 2-year membership.