Caps & Gowns
The University Bookstore is the sole source provider of officially licensed Western Illinois University graduation regalia. To ensure you receive the correct Western Illinois University commencement wear, please order your caps and gowns from the University Bookstore only.
- Caps, gowns and tassels are available from the University Union Bookstore beginning TBA.
- The cost is $30.00, plus tax, for undergraduates. Orders may be shipped via UPS until TBA.
- For more information, visit www.bookstore.wiu.edu/Graduation_ep_48.html.
- Students must have their graduation application on file in the Office of the Registrar by March 20, 2015 in order for their names to appear in the program.
- Students who have invoked the Privacy Act will not have their names printed in the program or released to their local media by University Relations, unless they sign a release form at the Office of the Registrar.
Hometown Newspaper Notification
University Relations posts graduates' names, academic distinction, degrees and majors online at www.wiu.edu/CountyNews, and sends a listing of graduates to hometown newspapers after degrees have been conferred, approximately 2-3 weeks after the ceremony.