- Western Board Approves Tuition, Fee Hikes at March Meeting
- WIU Creates Emergency Management Degree; Homeland Security Certificate
- Access to Stipes Restricted
- Knox Named Honors College Director
- Goldsmith to Deliver Thompson Lecture
- Tech Fest March 29
- Richard Hardy Named Chair of Poli Sci
- Race Researcher; “Prison Break” writer to lecture at WIU
- Merrett to Deliver Talk at WIU-Quad Cities
- Dean of Libraries candidates on campus
- Employee Recognition Nominations Now Being Accepted
- International Bazaar March 24-25
- Hellenga reading/signing March 30
- UI-Chicago Prof to Speak on Gender
- CDC to Discuss Latest Book by Biggers
- Retirement Reception for Elaine Root
- Stambaugh is CS Employee of the Month
- Open Tower Hours Begin March 24
- COEHS Development Director Named
- Safe Space Training to be held April 7
- CLEC Annual Open House March 30
- Renowned Family of Pianists to Perform
- Singer/songwriter Headlines Tri States Public Radio Event
- World’s Largest Fossil Expo to be at WIU
- Position Opening Assistant Director for Technology, Tri States Public Radio
- Call for Outstanding Adviser Nominations
- Call for TEAMlead nominations
- Civil Service News
- Professional Activities
The Western Illinois University Board of Trustees approved tuition, fees and room and board increases for students entering the University in Summer and Fall 2006 at its March 10 meeting.
A tuition increase of 9.5 percent for new students only was approved. In 1999 Western established a University Cost Guarantee program in which students entering Western are guaranteed they will pay the same rate for tuition, fees and on-campus room and board for their four years of continuous enrollment. Western’s Cost Guarantee is the only public university program in Illinois that provides no increases in fees and room and board in addition to the Illinois statutory requirement of guaranteed four-year tuition rates. Western’s guarantee was expanded in 2004 to include graduate degree-seeking students.
A 4.93 percent increase in room and board rates (double occupancy) and a fee rate hike of 2.87 percent for incoming students was also established.
“The University’s 2006-2007 cost structure is a modest increase in our current rate structure and maintains Western’s role as a national model for cost predictability,” said President Al Goldfarb.
Undergraduate students entering Western in Summer/Fall 2006 will pay $5,439 in annual tuition, based on 15 hours per semester at $181.30 per semester hour rate. The tuition rate is $165.60 per semester hour for students who entered in Fall 2005, $151.25 per semester hour for students who entered Fall 2004 and $130.50 per semester hour for students who entered in Fall 2003. Graduate tuition for students entering in Fall 2006 will be $199.95 per semester hour compared to $182.60 for those who entered in Fall 2005.
The Board approved room and board increases for entering students of $303 for double occupancy and $362 annually for single occupancy. The student fee allocation for incoming Western-Macomb students will increase $41.40 per semester for students with a 15semester hour schedule. The student fee increase for WIU-Quad Cities students is $15.90 for students with a 15-semester hour schedule.