- Week of Events Planned for WIU Homecoming, “Hooray for Hollywood,” Oct. 6-14
- “Grease” Star Olivia Newton-John to Perform at WIU Oct. 18
- Brophy Hall Open House Oct. 13
- BOT/BA Agreement Formed with CSC
- Architect Chosen for PAC
- Memorial Hall Renovation Update
- University Libraries Conducts Survey
- Tickets Available for Korean Dance Show
- Rep from Prudential On Campus Oct. 10
- Flu Shots to be Administered Oct. 18-19
- Thank You
- Retirement Open House for Dale Watkins
- Obituary - Dr. Ahmed Sheikh
- Go West Enters Record-Breaking Territory
- University Women Open to New Members
- Civil Service News
- Professional Activities
A week of campus activities is planned for Western Illinois University's Homecoming 2006 - “Hooray for Hollywood"- beginning Friday, Oct. 6 through Homecoming Day Saturday, Oct. 14.
Student groups will get the campus involved in a variety of planned events which include:
- 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 6, “Glory Road” Spirit Night, Western Hall;
- Saturday, Oct. 7, “The DaVinci Code” Paint the Town, Macomb Square; and “The Color Purple” Paint the Paws, beginning at Western Hall;
- 1 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 8, “The Poseidon Adventure” Rocky's Regatta, Everly Park (rain date and time is Monday, Oct. 9 at 4 p.m.);
- Noon Monday, Oct. 9, “Hollywood Boulevard” Deck the Campus, Campus Mall;
- 6:30 p.m Tuesday, Oct. 10, “Bring It On” Yell Like Hell, including King and Queen announcement, Western Hall
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 12, “A Chorus Line” Variety Show, Western Hall.
Activities for alumni begin Friday, Oct. 13 with the 5-10 p.m. All-Alumni Social at the Alumni House. From 4-6 p.m. alumni and friends are invited to the Brophy Hall Open House to show off its renovations and remodeling. The open house will highlight the kinesiology department, the dance program and programs in athletics and campus recreation that are offered in Brophy Hall. Western's 83rd Homecoming Day (Oct. 14) activities kick off with the Old Stompin' Ground Runaround 5K run/1.5 mile walk at 8 a.m. at the Alumni House, followed by a continental breakfast.
The traditional Homecoming Parade begins at 9:30 a.m. near the Macomb Square at Washington and Lafayette streets, where it proceeds through the Square and community to Adams Street, passing both Sherman Hall and the Alumni House, then turning north onto Western Avenue and east onto C.T. Vivian Way (Murray Street) to end in front of the University Union.
From 11-1 p.m. Saturday alumni are invited to reconnect with friends and faculty at “The Right Place” in the campus mall directly west of Hanson Field.
Join new Alumni Director Amy Spelman at “The Right Place” tent for the annual Alumni Cookout. In addition, each academic college will have areas set up with information and visiting with the deans, faculty and staff; and the Division of Student Services will host it its annual Alumni and Friends Luncheon.
Fighting Leathernecks football, ranked No. 21 in the Sept. 25 Sports Network I-AA Top 25 Media Poll and No. 22 in the CSN Coaches Poll, hosts Youngstown State, ranked No. 8 by Sports Network (Sept. 25), at 1:05 p.m. at Hanson Field.
Reservations for Homecoming activities can be made online through the alumni website. Ticket prices include, per person: football tickets, $10; cookout, $5; mums, $5; 5K Run entry, $10; and Homecoming T-shirt, $10. For more information on Homecoming events, contact the Office of Student Activities at 309/298-3232. For alumni information, contact the WIU Alumni Association at 309/298-1914.