Dec. 3, 2010 Campus Connection Submissions
The Division of Student Services announced has its November 2010 award recipients:
Division of Student Services Employees of the Month:
Civil Service - Sharon Hundley
Administrative - Vivian Coeur
Act of Kindness Award
Mandy Sheriff, Carolyn Whitehouse and Patricia Eathington for assistance with the Employee Wellness blood pressure screening; JoAnn Hairston-Jones for assistance with the “Plant it Pink and Save Lives” campaign; and Monica Eskridge for "the extra work she does to help students and families and the little things she does for the office."
- Lee Brice, history, presented “Women and the Roman Army in the Second Triumvirate” at the International Conference on Theory and Practice in the Study of Women’s History at Shanghai Normal University, Shanghai China, in November .
- Peter Cole, history, was a commentator for the “Race, Labor, and Urban Politics” session at the Social Science History Association meeting Nov. 18 in Chicago.
- Te-Hsiu Ma, professor emeritus, biological sciences, was an invited speaker at the "EPS Global Environment and Health Forum" organized by the Environmental Protection Agency of Canada in collaboration with the Institute of Health of China, Nov. 26-27, at the Jiangyin Convention Center, Shanghai.
- Roberto Mazza, history, presented “Adapting and Changing: the Renegotiation of Alliances in Post-Ottoman Jerusalem - Christian-Muslim Associations and Nebi Musa Riots 1920” at the Middle East Studies Association (MESA) Annual Conference in November 2010 in San Diego. Mazza also served as chair/discussant for the panel "Topics in Late Ottoman Society: Culture and Economy."
- Carol Webb, educational leadership, co-presented (with Anne Budde, EdD, 2009) "Why So Few Women Superintendents in Iowa?" at the Iowa Association of School Boards (IASB) 65th Annual Convention Nov. 18 in Des Moines (IA).
- Richard Chamberlain and Crystal Hack, CAIT— $25,083 from the Illinois Community College Board for "Career and Academic Readiness System - FY11."
- Fred Iutzi, IIRA—$10,004 from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency for "IEPA Livestock GIS Project."