January 5, 2011
- Bergeson, Amanda, office support associate, WQPT, 1/3/2011, WIU Quad Cities, (309) 764-2400.
- Hironimus-Wendt, Deanna, Clerk, UH&DS, 1/3/11, Seal Hall, Phone: 298-2461.
- Schulz, Amanda, office support specialist, Kinesiology, 12/15/10, 220 Brophy Hall, 298-1820.
- Blue, Sandra, collection specialist II, Billing & Receivables, promoted to a payroll specialist III, Payroll 7/1/10.
- Walters, Jerrie, chief clerk, Educational Leadership, 12/7/10. Former Name: Harris.
- Allison, Keri, facilities manager, University Union - Administrative, 12/31/10, accepted A&P position on campus.
- Lawson, Mary, administrative assistant I, Financial Aid, 12/31/10. Accepted A&P position on campus.
- Tingley, Anita, administrative aide, Vice President for Administrative Services, 12/31/10.
- Black, Allen, building service worker, Building Services, 12/31/10.
- Burnell, Diana, administrative assistant I, Document & Publication Services, 12/31/10.
- Busby, Dorothy, office manager, Financial Aid, 12/31/10.
- Castlebury, Mary, staff clerk, Business Services, 12/31/10.
- Combites, Fredrick, operations support service specialist III, Technology Services, 12/31/10.
- Hundley, Sharon, office manager, UHDS, 12/31/10.
- Kalantari, Rosalyn, nurse practitioner, Beu Health Center, 12/31/10.
- Koester, Catherine, building service worker, Building Services, 12/31/10.
- Lantz, Kathryn, administrative assistant I, Sponsored Projects, 12/31/10.
- Powell, Pamela, grants and contracts administrator I, Accounting Office, 12/31/10.
- Ruane, Barbara, library specialist, WIU-QC Library, 12/31/10.
- Shepard, Mark, assistant superintendent of Building Services, Building Services, 12/31/10.
- Sidwell, Duane, grounds worker, Landscape Maintenance, 12/31/10.
- Thorpe, Arthur, building service foreman, Building Services, 12/31/10.
- Janine Cavicchia, Women's Center, and Melanie Hetzel-Riggin, psychology—$300,000 from the U.S. Department of Justice for "Western Illinois University Relationship Violence Awareness and Prevention Initiative."
- Sean Cordes, Libraries—$4,899 from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine for "Value-Added Instructional Development and Distribution (A-VIDD)."
- Karen Mauldin-Curtis, IIRA—$3,300 from various
sources for "Peace Corps Fellows Community Contributions."
- Virginia Leonard, history, chaired a session, “Health, Wealth, and State Capacity in the Developing World,” at the 28th Annual Conference of the Association of Third World Studies, Armstrong Atlantic State University, Oct. 8, 2010, in Savannah, (GA). Leonard also presented a paper, "60 Years of MALAS: The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, Organizational Change and Regional Transformation,” at the 2010 Joint Annual Meeting of the International Studies Association and Midwest Association for Latin American Studies, Nov. 5, 2010, in St. Louis.
- Hyeyoung Lim, law enforcement and justice administration, presented "Supervisory Influence on Police Use of Force" at the annual meeting of the American Society of Criminology, November 2010 in San Francisco; co-authored "The Impact of Policing Levels on Crime Rates: A Systematic Analysis of Methods and Statistics," which was published in the Asia Pacific Journal of Police and Criminal Justice, 8 (1), 49-82 (2010); and co-authored "An Examination of Contextual and Organizational Factors Influencing Police Use of Force: A Multilevel Model," which was published in "Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies and Management," 33(4), 681-702 (2010).
- John Wozniak, sociology and anthropology, presented a paper, "The Nature and Extent of Peaceful Communities on the Internet: Implications for Peacemaking Criminology" at the annual meeting of the American Society of Criminology, November 2010 in San Francisco. He also organized and chaired the panel at which the paper was presented.