Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
About the Bachelor of Arts in General Studies (BGS) Degree Program
The WIU Bachelor of Arts in General Studies (BGS) degree program, formerly the Board of Trustees Bachelor of Arts, was developed in 1972 to serve mature adults who were unable to complete an undergraduate degree by traditional means.
The Bachelor of Arts in General Studies degree program will serve as the gateway for Western Illinois University to extend flexible online academic educational opportunities at a distance.
The mission of the General Studies Degree Program is to assist each student to design, implement, and complete a focused and comprehensive plan of study leading to a bachelor's degree that meets the student's personal and professional educational goals.
- Dr. Richard W. Carter, Executive Director, School of Distance Learning, International Studies, and Outreach
- Christie Carmack, Assistant Director, Marketing and International Relations, School of Distance Learning, International Studies and Outreach
- Brenda McConnell, Office Administrator, School of Distance Learning, International Studies, and Outreach
- Jennifer Tibbitts , Assistant Director, General Studies Degree Program; Academic Advisor, BGS Program
- Jinny Page , Academic Advisor, BGS Program
- Ronald Pettigrew , Academic Advisor, BGS Program
- Colin Rogness , Academic Advisor, BGS Program
, Academic Advisor, WIU-Quad Cities, BGS Program
- Kenny Wheeler II , Academic Advisor, WIU-Quad Cities, BGS Program
- Kathy Artis , Admissions/Records Officer, BGS Program
- Eva Fisher, Chief Clerk, BGS Program
- Joani Wilson , Admissons/Records Supervisor, BGS Program
To contact degree program staff in Macomb;
Phone: (309) 298-1929
FAX: (309) 298-2226
In the Quad Cities;
Phone: (309) 762-3999