How to Apply to the Bachelor of Arts in General Studies Degree (BGS) Program
The WIU Bachelor of Arts in General Studies (BGS) degree is a highly individualized and flexible degree program which provides an opportunity to earn an undergraduate degree in a manner compatible with various lifestyles.
- Flexible, non-majored student designed curriculum
- Earn credits online or in a classroom
- No campus attendance required - the BGS degree can be a FULLY ONLINE degree program
- No time limit to complete degree
- No time limit on transfer credit
- 4 year tuition freeze for continuous enrollment AND online courses are offered at in-state tuition rates
- Acceptance of ACE evaluated and recommended credit from non collegiate and military training
- Acceptance of proficiency exam credit
Please note: Students with baccalaureate degrees from regionally accredited colleges or universities may not be admitted to the WIU Bachelor of Arts in General Studies degree program.
New to WIU BGS Students
New students to the WIU Bachelor of Arts in General Studies (BGS) Degree Program must submit an application to the Bachelor of Arts in General Studies (BGS) degree program office.